Published on March 4th, 2015 | by admin
WBIE Announces Extensive Mobile Games Line-up
Sydney, AUSTRALIA – 4 March, 2015 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced the company’s slate of upcoming mobile game releases, showcasing diverse free-to-play and premium gaming experiences and leveraging some of the world’s most powerful franchises, including Batman™, DC Comics, Mortal Kombat™, the LEGO® brand and Game of Thrones®.
“Our mobile business has been a key priority for the company, and we are utilising our incredibly talented internal development teams to create games with marquee franchises,” said David Haddad, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “We’ve seen tremendous growth with our mobile business and expect to increase our market share by applying our best in class development, publishing and brand marketing to this impressive slate of games.”
The following are five new games under development with Warner Bros.’ wholly-owned development studios:
- Mortal Kombat™ X, NetherRealm StudiosThe game blends fighting and card collection for a whole new way to experience Mortal Kombat on mobile platforms. Featuring cinematic gameplay and visceral Fatalities, play as legendary and all-new fighters created for Mortal Kombat X. Players who also own a forthcoming console or PC version of the game will have the ability to unlock content in the mobile game and vice versa.
- Batman™: Arkham Underworld, TurbineRule Gotham City! Build your hideout, then recruit and train an army of henchmen to do your bidding. Command iconic super-villains from the Batman: Arkham universe, including the Riddler, Harley Quinn and Killer Croc, to become Gotham City’s next criminal kingpin. Sign up for beta at www.arkhamunderworld.com.
- LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham, TT GamesThe Caped Crusader joins forces with the super heroes of the DC Comics universe in this premium game and blasts off to outer space to stop the evil Brainiac from destroying Earth. Now the greatest super heroes and the most cunning villains must unite and stop Brainiac before it’s too late.
- DC Comics Legends, WB Games San FranciscoGamers will grow their collection of legendary DC Comics super heroes and villains, customizing super teams with the right heroes for each encounter in this mobile RPG.
- Game of Thrones, Turbine “In just four years, we have launched 25 games with more than 150 million installs worldwide across diverse fighting, strategy, puzzle and action adventure genres, and we will focus our business on a strong games-as-a-service model in 2015,” said Greg Ballard, Senior Vice President, Mobile, Social and Emerging Platforms, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Our line-up of strong titles will deliver deep player engagement, as well as innovation like console game connectivity with games including Mortal Kombat X and Batman Arkham Underworld.”
- Conquer Westeros in an epic combat strategy game based on the hit television series from HBO®. Prove the wit of your spies and the might of your forces on the battlefield as you extend your dominance across the seven Kingdoms. Join an alliance, rise to power, and then try to take the Iron Throne if you dare!
(Game title to be revealed at a later time)
This line-up of forthcoming games is accompanied by two titles launched earlier in 2015: WWE Immortals, which has achieved more than 7 million installs since going live January 16, and The LEGO® Movie™ Videogame for mobile devices, which delivered one of WBIE’s highest grossing launch weeks ever for a LEGO mobile game.
For more information, please visit http://www.warnerbros.com/mobilegames.