Published on July 3rd, 2014 | by admin
Sid Meier’s Civilization® Revolution™ 2 Available Today
The sequel to one of the most popular turn-based strategy games is now available for download on iOS devices
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #CivRev2
Sydney, Australia – July 3, 2014 – 2K today announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization® Revolution™ 2, the sequel to one of the most popular and award-winning turn-based strategy games for iOS devices*, is now available for download from the App Store as a premium game for $18.99. The title will be coming soon to Android devices.
Developed by 2K Chinawith guidance from Firaxis Games, Civilization Revolution 2 is the first Civilization game to be developed exclusively for mobile platforms, combining the core tactical elements of the series with intuitive controls and a friendly user interface designed specifically for mobile gamers on touch-pad devices. The game also delivers high-impact graphics and new gameplay and controls that capitalize on the mobile technology advancements since the original Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution launched more than five years ago.
New features include:
- New Units: Strengthen your military might with brand new combat units including Aircraft Carriers, Jet Fighters and Special Forces;
- New Technology: Race to science supremacy with new technology such as Lasers, Modern Medicine and Information Technology;
- New Buildings & Wonders: Grow and expand your civilization like never before with new buildings and wonders, including a Nuclear Power Plant, The Red Cross and Silicon Valley;
- Enhanced 3D Graphics: Enjoy updated 3D graphics taking full advantage of iOS devices graphical capability;
- Scenario Challenges: Reenact historic events and battles in the Scenario Mode.The original Civilization Revolution was released in 2008 as a watershed game for console and handheld systems, and brought to iPhone in 2009. In 2010, the title was optimized for Apple’s high-definition iPad and has since achieved an average rating of 4/5 stars among iOS users. Civilization Revolution 2 will allow players to lead a civilization from the dawn of man to the modern age, and go head to head with history’s most intrepid leaders as they wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known in a race for ultimate supremacy. Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2, is available today for download from the App Store on iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini and iPod touch**, for $18.99. Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2 will also be coming soon to Android devices.For more information on Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2, please visit www.civilization.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow Civilization on Twitter and subscribe to 2K on YouTube.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
*Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution was heralded as one of Apple’s Top 10 best-selling games for the iPhone in 2009, and named one of the 25 Best iPad Games by TIME Techland
**Compatible with iPhone 4S+, iPad 2+, iPad mini 1+, and iPod touch 5