Published on May 9th, 2016 | by admin
Samsung launches Australia’s first available 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray player
Samsung Electronics Australia is excited to announce that the Samsung 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player is available to purchase from leading Australian retailers from Thursday, 5 May 2016 for RRP $599 – making it Australia’s first available Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
The Samsung UBD K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray player delivers the ultimate cinematic experience to Australian homes – letting users enjoy incredible picture quality from a 4k Blu-ray disc on their UHD TVs and in real HDR for HDR compatible SUHD TVs. The Ultra HD Blu-ray player features a sleek, contoured form-factor in a charcoal colouring – a premium design to suit any home and to complement Samsung’s latest TV range.
“Samsung is delighted to be the very first to bring to the Australian market, an entirely new home theatre platform that will set the benchmark for home entertainment in this country,” said Carl Rose, Vice President, Consumer Electronics, Samsung. “With stunning UHD 4K resolution, Samsung’s Ultra HD Blu-ray Player offers up to four times the resolution of conventional Blu-ray players.
“Samsung is committed to providing the best possible technology so our customers can enjoy the highest standards of Ultra HD content, whether the format is digital or in the form of Blu-ray discs,” Rose added.
Key features include:
- Incredible Cinema Quality at Home: With HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology, the Ultra HD Blu-ray player puts the movie set in your living room, delivering dynamic Ultra High Definition content in exceptional quality on Samsung’s HDR-capable SUHD TVs. Experience sharp contrasts and brightness with deeper blacks and brighter whites. HDR content will be available in Australia from May 2016.
- Enjoy More Vivid and Breathtaking Colour: The Ultra HD Blu-ray player offers twice the colour range and up to 64 times the colour expressions of Samsung’s existing conventional Blu-ray players on Samsung’s HDR-capable SUHD TVs.
- Bring Your TV to Life with UHD Upscaling: The Ultra HD Blu-ray player lets you upscale all your content into higher definition video for display on UHD TVs, giving you crystal-clear images and great resolution. Now you can enjoy your favourite movies in an immersive and quality viewing experience.
- Outstanding 4K Streaming Service: Stream some of the latest 4K movies to your living room on demand, and access content from online providers such as Netflix as well as your favourite offline shows, by connecting your Ultra HD Blu-ray player to your home internet network.
- The Ultimate Universal Disc Player: The Ultra HD Blu-ray player has outstanding compatibility, letting you play the CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs that you have collected over the years.
- Elegant and Modern Curved Design: Sleek and modern design to look beautiful in any Australian home and complement Samsung’s SUHD TV range. With a unique brushed design, Samsung’s Ultra HD Blu-ray player gives your living room a modern finishing touch.
Samsung Electronics Co also announced today that its UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray player has been certified as ‘Ultra HD Premium’ by the UHD Alliance (UHDA). Now a part of Samsung’s total UHD ecosystem, the UBD-K8500 joins the 2016 Samsung SUHD TV lineup, which has also been certified as ‘Ultra HD Premium’ by the UHDA.