Published on July 20th, 2018 | by admin
New HP gaming laptops and accessories – including the world’s first headset with active earcup cooling technology – strengthen the OMEN by HP ecosystem
Sydney, Australia, 20 July 2018 — HP Australia has unveiled its bold new line-up of gaming innovations, including a much smaller, more powerful OMEN by HP 15 laptop1, an expanded functionality of OMEN Command Centre software with OMEN Game Stream2, and a range of professional-grade gaming accessories that includes the world’s first gaming headset with active earcup cooling technology. Designed to dominate the game, the OMEN by HP range also includes the high-performance OMEN by HP 17 laptop powered by HP cutting-edge technologies, while the next generation Pavilion Gaming 15 laptop provides the ultimate combination of powerful gaming experiences, value and versatility to meet the needs of more casual gamers.
Gaming is one of the world’s fastest growing PC categories3 and has become a billion-dollar business for HP. Since launching in 2016, OMEN by HP has grown to become a powerful gaming brand known for delivering beastly performance, smart software, stunning displays and an expanding line-up of must-have accessories ready for play at the highest levels in eSports.
“Our unparalleled design and engineering prowess is delivering the truly differentiated hardware, software and gear gamers need to perform at their best,” said Chris Price, Director, Personal Systems, HP South Pacific. “Whether it’s our most powerful OMEN by HP 15 laptop, our new pro-level Sequencer Keyboard and Reactor Mouse, or our breakthrough Mindframe Headset with the world’s first active earcup cooling technology, OMEN by HP is constantly setting new standards for gaming technology that gives gamers of all levels an edge.”
OMEN by HP 15 Laptop: Faster, smaller and more powerful than ever
The latest iteration of the OMEN by HP 15 Laptop is an even sleeker powerhouse that gives gamers enhanced portability, while improving the hardware and features they crave. Engineered for gaming performance, designed for immersion, and crafted for expansion, this laptop hits all the marks gamers are looking for in a device, delivering top-notch experiences on-the-go or at home.
Top features include:
- Power that goes the distance: Experience astonishing graphics with the VR ready NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 1070 with MAX-Q Design4. 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5+ and i7+5 processors with up to six cores6 and up to 32GB DDR4-2666 RAM will power the latest titles and manage multi-tasking and memory intensive programs with ease. The laptop includes a flexible variety of storage options, including SSD, HDD, SSD + HDD, or even HDD + Intel® Optane™ memory8 for storage acceleration.
- Cool things down:: Thoughtfully engineered for the heat gaming generates, with larger fans, a 3-phase motor, and fluid dynamic bearings to create less frictin and more consistent fan speed control in all configurations.Vents on the back and bottom of the laptop pull in cool air while two large fans push out heat at the rear corners. Select configurations9 include expanded vent areas on the bottom to increase airflow.
- Lose yourself in the game: Stunning visuals come fast on the 15.6-inch diagonal display, with options including 144hz 1080p, 60Hz 4k9, or 60Hz 1080p and NVIDIA G-SYNC™ technology on select configurations. Vibrant sound blasts through stereo speakers10 powered with audio by Bang & Olufsen™ along with a discrete audio amplifier. For those opting to wear headsets, enjoy DTS Headphone:X®11 for simulated surround sound to pinpoint where every footstep or ambient sound is coming from.
- Expansion and flexibility: Do-it-yourself additions are made easy through Phillips-head screws on the base of the laptop along with single panel access for storage and memory. The laptop comes with a wide variety of ports now located at the back to allow for more freedom of movement, especially for those who use a wired mouse.
OMEN by HP 17 Laptop: Faster, smaller and more powerful than ever
Equipped with powerful hardware and an aggressive design, the OMEN by HP 17 takes mobile performance seriously, enabling gamers to conquer any challenge in-game from just about anywhere. With the latest Intel® Core™ Processor, dedicated graphics and high-performance cooling, gamers are equipped to take on even the most intensive AAA titles.
- Every last detail. In your sights: Command every keystroke on a full-size 2-zone lighting backlit keyboard with numeric keypad and NKRO. With a 1920x1080p with FHD 144Hz anti-glare WLED-backlit display, combat feels closer than ever.
- Gaming perfected: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics paired with Bang & Olufsen™ Dual Speakers delivers the ultimate PC gaming experience. The 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor easily keeps up with intensive games, streaming video and heavy multitasking, providing performance that does not hold back.
- Plug-in to expand and evolve: Level up with improved connectivity with faster throughput thanks to Wi-Fi supporting gigabit speeds, with 2×2 Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 Combo. Packed with ports, the package of a Thunderbolt 3-certified USB-C™ port, 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, and an HDMI 2.0 port easily adapts to all the action.
HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop: Game and create in style while on the go
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop is a boldly designed device that combines portability and rock-solid hardware for gameplay, content creation, and productivity to meet the diverse needs of gamers who want a single device to meet all their PC needs. This means storage with speed and capacity, fast Wi-Fi, enhanced sound, and a robust cooling solution in the form of dual fans with exhaust vents located on the back corners of the laptop to help manage airflow and reduce heat.
Specific features include:
- Powerhouse gaming machine: Experience outstanding computing power with high performance 6 core mobile 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7+ H-series processors or up to mainstream, quad core mobile 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 U-series processors12 to help get through a variety of tasks before jumping into a favourite game. Save games, movies, and pictures with room to spare with select storage options for HDD-only up to 2 TB13, up to 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD13, dual storage option up to 256GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD with 1 TB HDD13 or 128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD with 2 TB HDD13, or configurations with a HDD up to 1 TB13 paired with 16 GB of Intel® Optane™ memory for storage acceleration. Enjoy exceptional graphics performance with available graphics options up to AMD Radeon™ RX 560X or NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with MAX-Q Design.
- Stunning visuals and audio: Narrow bezels allow for immersive visuals on the 15.6-inch diagonal display offered in 144Hz 1080p, 60Hz 1080p, and 60Hz14 4K display options. Pump out resounding audio custom tuned by Bang & Olufsen™ Play with HP Audio Boost technology supporting dual speakers, all mounted at the top of the keyboard deck for an immersive audio experience.
- Lightning-fast connectivity: Fast Wi-Fi with a 2×2 antenna on all configurations and an option supporting Gigabit speeds15 help provide the throughput needed for online gaming, smooth multimedia streaming, or large file transfers.
- Bold, daring design with variety: Configurations with high performance mobile 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i+ H-Series processors get a brushed aluminum keyboard deck and are available in three distinct styles. The Shadow Black finish is paired with a backlit keyboard available in Acid Green, Ghost White, or Ultraviolet colour themes, with colour-matched printed accents on the laptop port labels.
OMEN Game Stream: OMEN Power Now Streaming
HP continues to add new functionality to its OMEN by HP Command Centre software with each iteration. The latest build, which comes preinstalled on the new OMEN by HP 15 Laptop, introduces the ability to harness your OMEN by HP PC’s power to stream16 gameplay content to other Windows 10 devices.
OMEN by HP Mindframe Headset: Keep Cool in The Heat of Competition
A known source of discomfort for gamers is the warmth of their headsets17 during periods of extended gameplay. Nearly half of PC gamers (46%) cite comfort18 as the most important feature when purchasing headsets. The new OMEN by HP Mindframe solves this problem, delivering the world’s first headset with active earcup cooling technology This revolutionary headset, coming later this year, is packed with cutting edge audio and designed with total comfort in mind.
OMEN by HP Sequencer Keyboard: Speed You Can Feel
Manoeuvre at the speed of light and gain a competitive edge with optical-mechanical switches. Built with a durable brushed top, lightweight anodised aluminium frame, and USB port at the back-left corner for added convenience, the OMEN Sequencer delivers on next-level responsiveness, customisation and durability.
Top features include:
- Lightning-Fast Response Times: Revel in industry-leading optical-mechanical blue-switch technology that provide a 0.2ms response time, which is approximately 10x faster19 than traditional mechanical switches, giving gamers the best of both worlds through the tactile feel of a mechanical switch and the input recognition speed of an optical key.
- Rapid Adjustments: A visually striking red metal volume roller bar and dedicated media keys allow for audio changes at a moment’s notice.
- Colours that Define: Find a colour for any theme with individually backlit RBG LED keys capable of 16.8 million colour options, all with unique effects and customisable within OMEN Command Centre.
OMEN by HP Reactor Mouse: Swift Precision Designed for Competition
The OMEN by HP Reactor was meticulously engineered to give gamers a competitive edge by adding a host of new features, including a robust industry-first aluminium metal USB cable that helps reduce kinking and commands attention.
Top features include:
- World-Class Input Recognition: Click lag is a thing of the past thanks to word-class optical-mechanical switch technology with light beam detection enabling a 0.2ms click response time on left and right buttons, for speeds that are a whopping 3x faster19 than a traditional mechanical mouse switch.
- Quick and Accurate: Outfitted with the most advanced eSports-grade 16,000 DPI optical sensor, gamers gain a massive edge where reflexive speed and precision matter most.
- Customisable Comfort: A carefully designed ergonomic shape perfected for eSports incorporates rubber grips on both sides combined with an adjustable palm rest height balanced on a metal coil to generate a variety of palm rest positions for comfortable gameplay.
- Keep it Colourful: Create a personal touch by way of customised lighting and effects for two programmable RGB LEDs through OMEN Command Centre software.
OMEN by HP Pricing and Availability20
- HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop is available via hp.com.au. Select models are available from JB Hi-Fi, starting from $1,799.
- OMEN 15 Laptop is available via hp.com.au. Select models are available from JB Hi-Fi, starting from $1,999.
- OMEN 17 Laptop is available via hp.com.au. Select models are available from JB Hi-Fi, starting from $1,999.
- OMEN by Mindframe Headset will be available in October 2018 via hp.com.au from $249.95.
- OMEN by HP Sequencer Keyboard will be available in August 2018 via hp.com.au from $279.95.
- OMEN by HP Reactor Mouse is available now via hp.com.au from $129.95.
- OMEN X by HP Transceptor Backpack is available now via hp.com.au from $299.95
- OMEN by HP Mouse 400 is available now via hp.com.au from $49.95.
- OMEN by HP Mouse Pad 200 is available now via hp.com.au from $29.95.
- OMEN by Hard Mouse Pad 200 is available now via hp.com.au from $39.95.
For more information about the OMEN by HP ecosystem of gaming PCs, displays and accessories, visit: http://www.hp.com.au