New Intel Core 14th Gen Mainstream Desktop Processors Bring Powerful Real-World Performance from Desktop to the Edge
Intel’s expansion of the Intel Core 14th Gen desktop stack gives mainstream PC users – and businesses across various vertical markets – new ways to experience the performance of Intel’s latest-gen desktop processors. These 18 new processors up and down the stack help users game, create and work at the levels they demand every day, all while enjoying the platform features users have come to expect from Intel.
The latest Intel desktop processors include:
- Up to 5.8 GHz turbo frequency delivering up to 37% faster multi-thread performance and up to 7% better Microsoft Office performance gen-over-gen5.
- Up to 24 cores (eight P-cores, 16 E-cores) and 32 threads in its i9-14900 processors.
- For the i7-14700, the addition of four E-cores for a total of 20 cores (eight P-cores, 12 E-cores) and 28 threads.
- Support for up to 192 GB of total DDR5-5600/DDR4-3200 MT/S memory – providing backward compatibility with existing Intel 600- and 700-series-based motherboards.
- Continued support for in-box thermal solutions, including the Intel® Laminar RH1 and RM1 coolers.
- Next-generation wireless connectivity with support for both Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 7 (5 Gig) and Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+).
- Continued support for both PCIe Gen 5.0, Gen 4.0 and Thunderbolt 4 providing 40 Gbps bandwidth, in addition to integrated USB 3.2 connectivity support providing up to 20 Gbps transfer bandwidth.
With the full Intel Core 14th Gen desktop processor lineup now available online and in stores, PC users can find the right processor – at every price point – for their everyday gaming, creating and productivity needs.
At the edge, these processors enable powerful AI and compute-intensive workloads with more cores in LGA-socketed packaging. From interactive whiteboards in school classrooms to detail-rich medical imaging displays and controlled automation and robotics on the factory floor, Intel Core 14th Gen processors allow vertical markets to deliver innovative results more efficiently, safely and effectively.
Intel Core U Processor Series 1 Brings Efficient Performance, Robust Features to Mainstream Thin-and-Light Systems
The newly introduced Intel Core U mobile processor family is bringing to market the efficient, balanced performance mainstream mobile PC users desire in thin-and-light devices. The new mobile processor line also maintains the platform features that PC users have come to expect from Intel mobile processors.
The new Intel Core U Processor Series 1 includes:
- Up to 5.4 GHz turbo frequency along with up to 10 cores (two P-cores, eight E-cores) and 12 threads in its Intel Core 7 processor 150U.
- Up to 96 GB of total DDR5-5200/DDR4-3200 MT/S memory.
- Thunderbolt 4 universal connectivity for work and play, enabling 40 Gbps bandwidth for connection to multiple 4K monitors and accessories.
- Support for eight PCIe Gen 4.0 and 12 PCIe Gen 3.0 lanes for latest solid-state drive (SSD) storage.
- The latest in Bluetooth connectivity with support for both Bluetooth 5.4 and Bluetooth 5.3, including Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) audio enabling low-power, immersive, high-fidelity PC sonic experiences and support for new Bluetooth Auracast™ capabilities for broadcast audio tuning, personal audio sharing, and enhanced accessibility for hearing aids and new assisted listening services.
- Next-generation wireless connectivity with support for both Intel Killer Wi-Fi 7 (5 Gig) and Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+).
Mobile systems powered by the Intel Core U Processor Series 1 will come to market in the first quarter of 2024, with more details to come from Intel partners.