Published on September 12th, 2017 | by admin
XCOM® 2: War of the Chosen Available Now on Xbox One and PS4
2K and Firaxis Games announced today that XCOM® 2: War of the Chosen, the expansion to the 2016 award-winning strategy title, is now available for the PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One, in addition to Windows PC. XCOM® 2: War of the Chosen adds new enemies, playable allies, missions, and a breadth of gameplay features to XCOM 2 that Game Informer called, “Nearly a game’s worth of new content” in their review.
The critical praise for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen has been overwhelming: Polygon named the expansion “the definitive XCOM experience,” Game Informer remarked it’s, “One of the most rewarding strategy games in years,” while IGN commented on its impact, saying XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, “Restores a fear of the unknown.”
Key features for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen include:
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions represent pockets of resistance to ADVENT – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class can be recruited to stand with XCOM:
- The Reapers are infiltration specialists and stealth marksmen living on the fringe of society. Reapers utilize a powerful weapon called the Vektor rifle, as well as a special Claymore explosive – a targetable incendiary device that, when placed and activated, does not cause the Reaper to break Concealment;
- The Skirmishers are former ADVENT soldiers who have chosen to rebel against their masters. The Skirmisher is an offensive powerhouse, capable of dealing with threats running the gamut from up close to afar, armed with a grappling hook to help close distance and a wrist mounted Ripjack capable of piercing the enemy with deadly force;
- The Templars are a reclusive, monastic group of soldiers that have dedicated themselves to pushing their minds and bodies with psionic energy to the brink of humanity, honing their psionic energy with religious fervor into powerful weapons.
- The Chosen: These powerful adversaries are unique ADVENT enemies tasked by the Elders to recapture the Commander at all costs. Masters of asymmetrical warfare, the Chosen will kidnap, interrogate and ultimately kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations; The Chosen include:
- The Hunter stalks its prey from across the map: tracking, wounding and disabling XCOM units at range;
- The Warlock utilizes a variety of psionic abilities to sow destruction on the battlefield;
- The Assassin are a stealth-based melee unit who prefers to fight at close range, preying upon XCOM units with her katana.
- New Alien and ADVENT Threats: Adopt new tactics alongside the new faction allies to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, the psionically charged ADVENT Priest, as well as the creeping swarms of The Lost.
- New Photo Booth: Immortalize your soldiers during their trials by creating customizable war-and-meme-worthy posters that are both sharable and can be found while in game.
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions.
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage Covert Actions, Resistance Orders, and XCOM’s relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger.
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every mission provides a unique challenge.
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges featuring unique missions not found in the campaign that rank players on a global leaderboard.
XCOM 2 is rated MA15+ by the Australian Classification Board and R13+ by the Office of Film and Literature Classification (New Zealand). It is available for the PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One and Windows PC. XCOM 2 is also available for Mac and Linux by Feral Interactive. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is available now for Windows PC, PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One, and will be available for Mac and Linux by Feral Interactive at a later date.
To view the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen trailer on YouTube see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dujS8L7qWAU
To download assets to accompany the release, please see here: https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/1ATbjmWeR3
For more information on XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, please see 2K’s official XCOM blog: https://xcom.com/news/entries/xcom-2-war-of-the-chosen-now-available-for-pc