Published on September 4th, 2017 | by admin
VICTORIAN STATE SCHOOLS SPECTACULAR – COUNTDOWN IS ON TO THE BIG EVENT ON SEPTEMBER 16
The countdown is on for three thousand young performers from more than 200 Government schools across the State as they enter their final 2 weeks of rehearsals before the Victorian State Schools Spectacular “Anything Is Possible” on Saturday 16th September.
Across the two shows, over 10,000 people will have the chance to see some of the rising stars of today.
The cast of this year’s extravaganza features:
- 64-piece orchestra mentored by Musical Director Chong Lim and Associate Musical Director Nathan Scerri
- 30 lead vocalists, 8 backing vocalists, Victorian State Schools Choir mentored by Music Associate – Principal Vocal and Choir Rob Latham
- 16 principal dancers, 20 ensemble dancers mentored by Dance Director Deon Nuku and Associate Dance Director Troy Phillips
- Speciality hip-hop act from Hoppers Crossing Secondary College
- a hilarious magician / comedy act
- roller skaters, puppeteers with our 6M puppet CatBot
- a 1300-voice choir and 1200 mass dancers
- Production team assistants– We have 114 students working across operations, stage management, hair and make-up and technical with Lighting (Production Resources Group) , Audio (NW Group) , Vision (CVP).
The wardrobe department are putting the finishing touches to the 9,000 outfits made for the cast at the lead of Costume Designer Isaac Lummis.
The show explores themes of creativity, freedom of expression and self-empowerment – taking inspiration from the song Pure Imagination (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).
Talented vocalists, dancers, skaters, puppeteers and musicians will perform more than 40 songs, taking the audience on a musical journey – from popular top 40 songs by artists like Pharrell Williams, Justin Timberlake, Meg Mac, to movie classics from Edward Scissorhands, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and traditional classical pieces – ending with a rousing rendition of John Farnham’s You’re The Voice.
Taking part in the Spectacular provides a unique training opportunity for students onstage, as well as behind the scenes. The Production teams have participated in their final workshops and ready to bump into Hisense Arena and get everything ready for the shows.
The Spectacular supports the Education State targets of more students reaching the highest level of achievement in the arts; ensuring kids are happy, healthy and resilient; and building pride in their schools. It also provides students an invaluable performing arts opportunity, encouraging development of their creative skills, discipline, perseverance and confidence over months of rehearsals. The environment is non-competitive allowing students to learn from each other as much as from the mentors. Lifelong friendships are often made on this incredible journey.
Ticket prices to this family friendly event have not increased from last year making this an entertaining and affordable event.
Presented by the State Government of Victoria, the 2017 Victorian State Schools Spectacular – Anything Is Possible, is a not-to-be-missed event.
THE VICTORIAN STATE SCHOOLS SPECTACULAR – ‘ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE’
Venue: Hisense Arena
Date: Saturday 16 September
Time: 1pm & 6:30pm
- Performance length 3 hours (including interval)
Adult: $40.00 + BF
Concession: $30.00 + BF
Junior (U15): $20.00 + BF
- Buy 10 tickets and get one adult ticket free (for group bookings please call 1300 364 001)
- Bookings: Ticketek ticketek.com.au 132 849
FOR NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE 2017 VICTORIAN STATE SCHOOLS SPECTACULAR HEAD TO:
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.education.vic.gov.au/spectacular