Published on December 14th, 2018 | by admin
Unleash the Full Power of AMD Radeon™ GPUs with New AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition
— Major AMD software release features first AMD high-quality, device-independent wireless PC-to-VR streaming1 and new instant replay capabilities via Radeon™ ReLive2, plus powerful system and game optimization capabilities that deliver unparalleled visual experiences —
Sydney, Australia — Dec. 13, 2018 — AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition, the next generation of its software suite for AMD Radeon™ GPUs, providing gamers, creators and enthusiasts with new immersive features that deliver unparalleled visual experiences.
AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition unleashes the power of AMD Radeon GPUs, delivering up to 15 percent average higher performance for some of today’s top game titles3 compared to last year. The 2019 Edition also enables streaming of PC-based games and video to mobile devices and is the first AMD solution designed to enable PC-quality streaming to standalone Virtual Reality (VR) headsets, delivering incredible VR experiences on millions of standalone VR devices2.
“AMD Radeon software is designed to deliver the ultimate in stability and performance for an unparalleled gaming experience,” said Andrej Zdravkovic, corporate vice president of software, Radeon Technologies Group. “We are delighted to unveil our biggest software update ever. Built upon the industry’s most stable driver4, AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition delivers double-digit performance improvements in select games and amazing new features, making it easier than ever for gamers to optimize their graphics settings to invigorate the PC gaming experience for both novice and expert Radeon™ GPU users.”
Key new and enhanced features of AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition include:
• PC-to-VR and mobile device streaming: AMD Radeon™ ReLive, combined with the updated AMD Link mobile application and dedicated VR store applications, now enables streaming of PC-based games and video to standalone VR headsets as well as a wide selection of Android and iOS-based mobile phones and tablets via a home Wi-Fi network2. The new functionality provides low-latency, PC-quality experiences on mobile devices and standalone VR headsets, delivering brilliant colors and razor-sharp images.
• In-game instant replay: AMD Radeon™ ReLive software, which enables gamers to capture, stream and share their greatest moments, now allows them to revel in their victories instantly by viewing a five-to-30 second picture-in-picture style gameplay clip or by creating a five-to-30 second GIF without leaving the game. In addition, the new scene editor provides more content creation tools, enabling the editing of streams and captures as well as incorporating more content into streaming overlays.
• Powerful optimization tools improve the AMD Radeon™ GPU experience: New and updated user-friendly tools simplify gaming and system configuration, including:
o Radeon™ Game Advisor: A new intuitive, wizard-like tool walks gamers through the process of tuning their games for the optimal mix of fluid animation and visual fidelity.
o Radeon™ Settings Advisor: Automatically recommends system and display settings for the optimal gaming experience that can be deployed with a single click.
o Upgrade Advisor: Determines if a PC meets the minimum and recommended developer game specifications and offers AMD CPU and GPU hardware upgrade suggestions, if needed.
• Updated AMD Link application: The free AMD Link mobile application features a streamlined user interface, new driver upgrade features, enhanced Radeon™ ReLive gallery support and, for the first time, the ability to use natural language voice commands to control Radeon™ ReLive functionality and track performance metrics.
• Improved performance and power management: AMD Radeon™ WattMan Technology now provides one-click controls for auto-GPU and memory overclocking5 and auto-GPU undervolting6. The revamped AMD Radeon™ Chill power-saving tool delivers up to 20 percent more power savings in select titles7.
• Fluid, responsive and stunning imagery: Enhanced AMD Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR technology8 provides auto-tone mapping to deliver exceptional color contrast and visible detail consistently across FreeSync™ technology-supported displays9. In addition, the AMD Virtual Super Resolution feature now supports ultra-wide 21:9 displays.
• Monitor, record and fine tune without leaving the game: The updated Radeon™ Overlay feature allows users to access system performance metrics on screen, and now includes in-game controls for AMD Radeon™ WattMan5 technology, Enhanced Sync technology and Game Advisor. The new release also provides one-click access to the AMD Radeon™ Software ecosystem, including Radeon™ ReLive, performance monitoring, Radeon™ Chill, Frame Rate Target Control (FRTC), Radeon FreeSync™ technology8, and color settings.
AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition is available today here.