Published on May 20th, 2014 | by admin
Team17 announces May release for Worms™ Battlegrounds
The veteran independent British publisher is proud to see its award-winning franchise make its debut on next generation of consoles, having seen it already appear on over twenty-five other platforms since its introduction back in 1995.
Worms™ Battlegrounds will be one of the first titles to be published on the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One under the ID@Xbox program, of which Team17 is one of the ambassadors.
Worms™ Battlegrounds is the most fully featured version of Worms™ yet and features:
• 25 Single Player story missions
• 10 $B!F(BWorm$B!>(BOps$B!G(B time attack missions
• 5 Environments: Inca, Viking, Feudal Japan, Industrial Revolution and Prehistoric
• Multiplayer Deathmatch and Fort modes
• Landscape Editor
• Clan Support including Clan Emblem Editor
• 65 Weapons and Utilities including 10 outrageous new items: Mega Mortar, Gravedigger, Winged Monkey, Oxygen, Worm Charm, Bovine Blitz, Whoopsie Cushion, Teleport Raygun, Aqua Pack and The Equiliser
• Day to Night Lighting Transitions
• Physics Based Contraptions
• Over 200 individual customisation items for the worms
• 4 Improved Worm Classes including new special abilities
• 30% Larger Landscapes
• DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller$B!G(Bs Light Bar dynamically changes colour depending on your worm$B!G(Bs scenario. Watch as the Light Bar glows red for attacks and explosions, blue when your worm is submerged in dynamic water and green to indicate that your worm is poisoned (PS4 version only).
• Weapon Gestures. Assign up to four weapons for quick select using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller$B!G(Bs Touch Pad (PS4 version only).
• Companion website. Keep track of your stats on the go! (PS4 version only)
- SmartGlass companion app. Keep track of your stats on the go! (Xbox One version only)
Worms™ Battlegrounds is due for release on the 30th May 2014 and will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
For more information on Worms™ Battlegrounds please visit facebook.com/WormsTeam17
For more information on Team17 please visit facebook.com/Team17