Published on July 19th, 2016 | by admin
Sydney and Brisbane: It’s time to unleash your inner geek!
Calling all geeks in Sydney and Brisbane…Oz Comic-Con, Australia’s premier pop-culture expo, explodes to life at the Sydney Exhibition Centre, Glebe Island, this September 10–11 and at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre this September 17-18.
There’s no better place to spend a weekend as the Sydney Exhibition Centre and the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre are taken over by all things gloriously geeky, collectible and cool.
There’s knockout headlining stars including Daniel Portman (Game of Thrones), Mitch Pileggi (X-Files, Stargate: Atlantis), Maggie Roswell (Maude Flanders in The Simpsons), Max and Charlie Carver (Teen Wolf) and Keisha Castle-Hughes (Game of Thrones, Roadies). There are guests for fans of every genre, with each taking part in professional photograph and autograph opportunities across the weekend, as well as exclusive question and answer panels.
However, Oz Comic-Con isn’t just about the celebrity guests. There’s everything a pop culture die-hard could ever wish for…awesome activities, fantastic special features and unique retailers selling must-have geeky goodies.
- Artist’s Alley will feature world renowned comic artists including Nicola Scott (Brisbane Only), Michel Mulipola, Paul Mason, Ken Lashley, Tristan Jones and Mark Sexton. Fans will be able to meet the creators behind their favourite works, as well as get their favourite comics signed.
- Cosplay Central is the place to be for all things Cosplay: special guests, local costume displays, a Cosplay Photo Gallery, a Cosplay Change Room and Repair Station and more. The NSW finals of the Australian Championships of Cosplay will also be held at Oz Comic-Con Sydney, with the winner securing a place in the national finals in Brisbane the following weekend. The winner of the national finals will win themselves a trip to C2E2 in Chicago in 2017 to compete against cosplayers from around the world.
- The Oz Comic-Con Fashion Show is new and exclusive to Sydney. This event is a unique opportunity for aspiring geek designers to showcase their talent. Get in quick – designs must be submitted via the Oz Comic-Con website by 11:59PM AEST, July 31, 2016.
- The Anime Station is a chance to put your feet up and relax in Oz Comic-Con’s Manga library or take in an Anime flick in the screening room.
- Mums and Dads, don’t forget to pop into the Family Activity Room where you and the kids can laugh, learn and share in family-friendly activities all weekend.
This is only a brief taste of what can be discovered in the geeky Aladdin’s Cave of Oz Comic-Con Sydney and Brisbane.
Oz Comic-Con will be held in Sydney at the Sydney Exhibition Centre, Glebe Island on September 10–11 and in Brisbane at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre on September 17-18, with doors open from 9am until 6pm each day.
For further information and full Terms and Conditions of Entry for the Oz Comic-Con Fashion Show, please visit www.ozcomiccon.com.