Published on November 2nd, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Suunto Delivers Its Most Powerful And Sleek Sportwatch Yet With Suunto 9 Peak Pro
Suunto is proud to unveil the Suunto 9 Peak Pro, its most powerful and best performing GPS multisport watch yet. Combining comprehensive GPS tracking capabilities with outstanding battery life and easy to use interface, the Suunto 9 Peak Pro arrives with an ultra thin and timeless design, while offering greater value than ever before.
Building on the award-winning design of the Suunto 9 Peak, the new iteration of the Suunto 9 Peak Pro is extremely tough, yet one of the thinnest (10.8 mm) and lightest GPS sport watches in its class. It blends in everywhere, suits smaller wrists and can handle any environment.
“The Suunto 9 Peak Pro is engineered with a new, more powerful chipset architecture that boosts the performance to a new level while having the best-in-class battery life compared to similar-sized products on the market,” says Damian Commane, Head of Suunto ANZ. “While extending our deep heritage in sports watches and precision instruments, the Suunto 9 Peak Pro’s comprehensive tracking capabilities and sleek design has allowed us to deliver our most premium product yet.”
The Suunto 9 Peak Pro offers the best battery life of any Suunto watch yet, with three battery modes: Performance, Endurance and Tour. The battery lasts for 21 days in daily use before requiring charge, 40 h in Performance mode, 70 h in Endurance mode and 300 h in Tour mode. The Suunto 9 Peak Pro can connect with up to four satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU) and up to 32 individual satellites simultaneously. This results in greater accuracy when exercising in challenging GPS conditions, like below tall buildings or deep mountain valleys.
As an extension of Suunto’s leadership in dive watch manufacturing, Suunto 9 Peak’s new watersport modes for snorkeling and mermaiding allows users to follow essential data such as depth, dive time and water temperature under the surface down to 10 meters.
Combined with the Suunto app and a huge array of partner services, the Suunto 9 Peak Pro gives users a plethora of route finding options, turn-by-turn guidance and advanced training tools. Discovering and creating routes is easy with Suunto app’s heatmaps, 3D maps and road surface map layers.
Also new to the Suunto app, which is now compatible with iPad and Android tablets, users can pre-structure their workouts and follow the plan during a session. The Suunto app also offers a new avalanche map layer that indicates areas of avalanche danger, making it easier to plan safe alpine trips. On returning from an adventure, users can share their trip with friends and family as a 3D animation.
Suunto 9 Peak Pro Key features:
- Ultra thin: 10.8 mm (excluding HR dome). Screen size: 1.2”.
- Weight: the titanium model 55 g and steel model 64 g
- GPS watch with the lowest carbon footprint in the market: total life cycle CO2e emissions only 7.49 kg
- Fully carbon compensated in a reforestation project with Verified Carbon Units via Tree-Nation. The Verified Carbon Units are validated by the international verification program ensuring the quality of carbon offsetting projects.
- Tested to the highest military standard of toughness (*MIL-STD-810H). List of tests here
- Daily activity tracking: steps, heart rate, sleep, calories, stress and more
- Extremely fast charging: 100% battery in 1 hour or 10 h of training time after charging for 10 minutes
- Barometric sensor
- Over the air software updates
- Made with sapphire glass, stainless steel, and two models with grade 5 titanium
- Waterproof down to -100 m
- New snorkeling sports mode that tracks activity data down to -10 m
- 97sport modes to choose from and the ability to create custom modes
2022 has seen an ambitious year of brand partnerships, providing its sports watches to military-inspired obstacle challenge True Grit, New Zealand-based Super Rugby team The Hurricanes and Australian motor racing team Penrite Racing.
The Suunto 9 Peak Pro will be available in six different versions, four models built with stainless steel ($759) and two models built with titanium ($959). A wide variety of accessory straps will be available to allow it to reflect a multitude of personal styles.