Published on October 27th, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Strangers of Paradise: FF Origin | Wanderer of the Rift Out Now
Today, players can embark on a brand-new adventure in SQUARE ENIX’s action RPG STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN™ with the release of its second expansion “Wanderer of the Rift,” now available on PlayStation5, PlayStation4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC via the Epic Games Store. Developed in collaboration with Team NINJA from KOEI TECMO GAMES, creators of the NINJA GAIDEN and Nioh series, Wanderer of the Rift picks up the storyline in recently released expansion Trials of the Dragon King, in which players can pit Jack and his allies against Gilgamesh, the dimension traveling fan-favorite character from the FINAL FANTASY series.
Watch the STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN Wanderer of the Rift launch trailer here: https://youtu.be/f6HEY5ix0rw
New content in the Wanderer of the Rift expansion includes:
- New Missions – After clearing the first expansion, Trials of the Dragon King, players can dive into new missions and experience an original story featuring Gilgamesh.
- New Job: Blue Mage – Players can unlock the Blue Mage job by progressing through the Wanderer of the Rift story missions. As a Blue Mage, players can learn enemy abilities and turn them into their own powers, either as instant abilities through Soul Shield or by equipping certain accessories.
- GILGAMESH Difficulty Level – While playing on this new difficulty mode, players can obtain special relic equipment imbued with various special effects. Players can utilize these additional special effects while facing off against more challenging combat with higher level enemies, including “chaotic monsters,” which, when defeated, will grant greater rewards.
- Dimension Bringer – Once this new game mechanic is activated, enemies in the vicinity of the dimension bringer will be slowed down, with the damage the player inflicts increasing each time an action ability is used. When the effect is active, a special attack can be unleashed which rapidly takes down the foe with combos.
- Monster Bells – Players can receive a Monster Bell to aid them in battle by finding a summonstone and completing a special event with that monster. Players can increase their affinity with their monster through conversations, feeding it and using items.
STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN Wanderer of the Rift expansion is now available at no additional cost through the game’s Season Pass, which is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition. The Season Pass will give owners access to the first expansion Trials of the Dragon King, as well as the upcoming “DIFFERENT FUTURE” expansion.