Published on August 16th, 2017 | by admin
Samsung Introduces New Portable SSD T5 – The Latest Evolution in Fast, Reliable Storage
Samsung Australia has today announced the Samsung Portable SSD T5 – a new portable solid-state drive (PSSD) that sets the standard for performance in external memory products.
The T5 delivers super-fast transfer speeds with encrypted data security in a compact and durable design, making it easier than ever for consumers to back-up and access their most valuable data anywhere, at any time. The T5 also offers compatibility with both PCs and Macs, select Android smartphones and tablets and most devices using USB Type-C and Type-A.
In addition, Samsung has also completed research in to the back-up habits of Australians, please see some key findings below:
- 80% of NT residents have lost personal photos/memories (wedding, holiday, family, friends etc) due to not backing up.
- WA residents are least likely to back-up their data, with 86% doing so monthly or less.
- Older Australians (65+) are the most likely to back-up their data, with 31% completing this task weekly or more.
- 25-34-year olds are least likely to back-up their data, with 80% doing so monthly or less.
- Of those of us that don’t back-up data, the most common reasons why are “I’m not sure of the best way to back up” (38%) and “I know I should but I just never get around to it” (38%).
- Over half (52%) of younger Australians (18-24) are losing work or education files (uni assignments, school assignments, work documents) due to not backing up.