Published on November 12th, 2020 | by Adrian Gunning
PS5 – Sony Interactive Entertainment Australia celebrates the launch of PlayStation 5 in Australia today
PS5 represents a significant leap to deliver a truly new generation of transformative play experiences that will redefine expectations for what games can be. We are entering an exciting new era of gaming with breathtaking immersion, lighting speed and stunning gaming proving that Play Has No Limits.
The PS5 Digital Edition today launches for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $599.95 AUD, and PS5 with an Ultra HD Blu-ray™ disc drive for an RRP of $749.95 AUD.
Both PS5 models use the same custom processor with integrated CPU and GPU for high-fidelity graphics up to 4K, as well as the same ultra-high speed SSD with integrated I/O that will deliver lightning-fast loading. Both PS5 models also offer a deepened sense of immersion through the DualSense wireless controller and 3D audio capabilities, so players will enjoy the same transformative gameplay experiences regardless of which PS5 they choose.
Today also marks the launch of titles, now available on PlayStation store and select retailers.
PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – $124.95 AUD (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – $94.95 AUD (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – $124.95 AUD (RRP)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – $109.95 AUD (RRP)