Published on May 15th, 2017 | by admin
PLANTRONICS BACKBEAT 500 SERIES HEADPHONES MAKE WIRELESS YOUR NEW STANDARD WITH UP TO 18 HOURS OF DEEP, RICH SOUND
Versatile Bluetooth® headphones bring your music to life with the freedom to listen in all-day comfort
Sydney, Australia – May 15, 2017 – Plantronics (NYSE: PLT), a pioneer in audio and wearable technology, today announced the new BackBeat 500 Series. The on-ear Bluetooth® stereo headphones incorporate Plantronics signature audio, a lightweight design and up to 18 hours of listening and talk time on a single charge. With an MSRP of $119.99 AUD, BackBeat 500 Series helps make the transition to wireless listening simple without sacrificing quality, comfort and affordability. Plantronics BackBeat 500 Series is now available worldwide.
“More and more consumers today are ditching the cord and are ready to step up to a wireless listening experience. At the same time, they are unwilling to compromise on the high standards that come with a wired connection,” said Peter Petrides, National Retail Sales Manager, Australia and New Zealand at Plantronics. “The BackBeat 500 Series is designed to be your perfect first pair of wireless headphones that provide an exceptional experience without breaking the bank. With best-in-class battery life, all-day comfort and Plantronics’ signature high quality audio, they bring simplicity and reliability to those who are looking to transition into the world of the wireless.”
Whether you’re racing to class or sitting in a packed coffee shop, BackBeat 500 Series brings your music to life without weighing you down. It features 40 mm drivers and a bass tube design for deep, rich sound. Comfortable memory foam ear cushions help isolate sound, while on-ear controls provide easy access for calls and music. Take calls with a wideband-enabled mic and access Siri, Google Now, or Cortana straight from the headphones.
Additional BackBeat 500 Series features and benefits:
- Stream up to 10 metres from compatible smartphones and tablets with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity.
- Ear cups rotate to lay flat for compact storage in a bag or backpack.
- DeepSleep hibernation mode helps maintain battery charge for up to six months when your headphones are out of range or left on.
- The 3.5 mm jack and included analog cable can be plugged in as backup without disrupting your listening experience.
- Automatically connect up to two devices simultaneously and pair up to a total of eight devices.
- Bluetooth set up to pair your device is quick and easy with a few simple steps.
Pricing and Availability
BackBeat 500 Series is available today in three colors – white, grey and dark grey at JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman for $119.99 AUD. For more information, visit www.plantronics.com/au.