Published on January 22nd, 2018 | by admin
Paul George unveils official collaboration with PlayStation and Nike Basketball: the PG-2 ³PlayStation² colourway shoe
Sony Interactive Entertainment Australia is excited to announce an official collaboration between NBA star Paul George, Nike Basketball and PlayStation with the PG-2 “PlayStation” colourway shoe.
Celebrating Paul George’s love of gaming on PlayStation, the new shoe takes it inspiration from the console’s DualShock 4 controller and the iconic symbols that have been a part of every PlayStation product.
Here are some interesting notes on the collaboration:
- The tongues of the shoe sport the PG and PlayStation logos, which illuminate and pulsate blue just like when turning on the console
- The back heel of the left shoe has a unique barcode that contains a PSN voucher code, which can be redeemed at PlayStation Store for a Paul George Dynamic Theme for PS4
- The colours of the sneaker pay homage to the buttons on the DualShock 4 controller
- The iconic PlayStation symbols are embossed in patent leather on each shoe
- The look of the PG Dynamic Theme is reflected in the sock liner on each shoe
“I consider myself one of the biggest gamers in the NBA. Ever since getting my PS2 for Christmas as a kid, my game has gone with me wherever I go, so working with PlayStation was something that felt inevitable.” – Paul George on the collaboration with PlayStation and Nike.