Published on November 17th, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Oz Comic-Con Launches Xmas Edition for Melbourne, Introducing Familiar Faces From The Walking Dead, Battlestar Galactica and Stranger Things
It’s Time to Get Your Geek on One Last Time… but Make It Festive
Drawing the curtains to an incredible and overwhelming year of pop culture, Oz Comic-Con is proud to announce the final show for 2022, gifted to the community in the form of a Xmas Edition.
Grace Van Dien of Stranger Things fame joins Ross Marquand from The Walking Dead and Tahmoh Penikett from Battlestar Galactica as the first guests set to appear at the show taking place on December 10th and 11th at the Melbourne Showgrounds.
The perfect opportunity to do last-minute shopping and revel in the glory of pop culture, Oz Comic-Con’s Xmas Edition is stacked with all of the traditional Oz Comic-Con elements and introduces some new, fun, festive-themed content to really get you into the holiday spirit, which includes:
- Competitions for Ugly Sweaters, Christmas Cosplay, and Gingerbread Decorating;
- Elf on the Shelf Photo Scavenger Hunt;
- Make Your Own Xmas Decoration Stations;
- Gingerbread Decorating Competitions;
- Xmas Pop Culture Trivia with CosQuiz Trivia;
- So You Think You Can Just Dance Competition;
- Music & Entertainment Stage for Live Performances;
- Christmas / Yuletide-themed mini D&D sessions and a Tabletop Gaming Library;
- Console, PC, VR & Retro Gaming;
- Cosplay Meetups & Photographers;
- 3 Stages packed with Q&A sessions, interactive activities, performances and parades;
Oz Comic-Con is also partnering with Backpacks 4 Vic Kids, a non-profit organisation raising funds for Christmas 4 Kids in Care, aiming to pack and distribute 6,500 Santa packs in 2022. Attendees can donate at the gifting tree on the show floor or make a donation whilst getting their presents wrapped at the wrapping station.
With plenty more announcements slated for the coming weeks, attendees can expect a show floor and schedule packed full of excitement including mind-blowing activations, industry talks and panels, appearances from guests across a range of franchises, and retail opportunities that will help bolster your gift-giving needs.
For more information, announcements and to buy tickets, please visit: https://ozcomiccon.com/melbourne-xmas/