Published on January 31st, 2020 | by Andrew Bistak
MORTAL KOMBAT 11 PRO KOMPETITION CHAMPIONSHIP
MORTAL KOMBAT 11 PRO KOMPETITION CHAMPIONSHIP – FINAL KOMBAT 2020 – TO FEATURE SPECIAL TALENT APPEARANCES AND EXCLUSIVE CONTENT REVEALS
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, NetherRealm Studios and Intersport have announced the Mortal Kombat 11 Pro Kompetition championship finale, Final Kombat 2020, will feature special appearances by Todd McFarlane (Spawn Creator and McFarlane Toys Creative Director/CEO), Keith David (voice of Spawn in Mortal Kombat 11), Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (voice of Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat 11) and Ed Boon (Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios and Co-Creator of Mortal Kombat). As part of the global esports program’s main event, Final Kombat 2020 attendees will also receive an exclusive first look at the Mortal Kombat 11 Official Spawn Gameplay Trailer, along with other content reveals and on-site activations.
Final Kombat 2020 will be held on March 8 at Chicago’s historic Park West theater and bring together the top sixteen Mortal Kombat 11 players from around the world, including regular season tournament winners from North America, Latin America, Europe, Australia and the Middle East, along with one finalist from the Last Chance Qualifier event to be held on March 7 at the Ignite Gaming Lounge in Skokie, Ill. All sixteen Kombatants will then compete in Final Kombat for their share of the $100,000 USD prize pool.
To purchase Final Kombat 2020 tickets, visit: https://finalkombat2020.eventbrite.com/.
Final Kombat 2020 will also be livestreamed globally across all Mortal Kombat 11 channels, including Twitch (NetherRealm), YouTube (Mortal Kombat), Mixer (NetherRealm), Twitter (@MortalKombat), Facebook (@MortalKombat) and Steam (Mortal Kombat 11).
To view and share the Official Mortal Kombat 11 Pro Kompetition – Final Kombat Trailer, visit: https://go.wbgames.com/MK11-FinalKombat
Below is a complete list of Final Kombat 2020 qualifiers, as well as talent appearances and on-site activities scheduled for the event.
Final Kombat 2020 Qualifiers:
- SonicFox (U.S.)
- BC Dragon (U.S.)
- CGL NinjaKilla_212 (U.S.)
- NASR Tekken Master (Bahrain)
- PXP A F0xy Grampa (U.K.)
- AF DizzyTT (U.K.)
- UYU Deoxys (U.S.)
- PG Hayatei (Canada)
- UYU Rewind (U.S.)
- END Scar (U.S.)
- CGL Tweedy (U.S.)
- Noble Semij (U.S.)
- LOK Nivek (Greece)
- D2-Stabs (Canada)
- Konqueror249 (Brazil)
- Last Chance Qualifier Winner (To be determined on March 7)
Final Kombat 2020 Appearances and Activations:
- Special appearances by Todd McFarlane (Spawn Creator and McFarlane Toys Creative Director/CEO), Keith David (voice of Spawn in Mortal Kombat 11), Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (voice of Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat 11) and Ed Boon (Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios and Co-Creator of Mortal Kombat).
- Exclusive first look at the Mortal Kombat 11 Official Spawn Gameplay Trailer, along with other content reveals. Spawn will join the Mortal Kombat 11 roster on March 17 (early access) as part of the Kombat Pack.
- Exclusive reveal of the “Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge” Red Band Trailer.
- Attendance by MK Kollective ambassadors Boss Logic (Digital Artist) and Alicia Marie (Costume Designer), and Jayn_one (Graffiti Artist), with additional ambassadors to be announced soon.
- On-site experiences for attendees, including a first look at the new Mortal Kombat 11 action figures by McFarlane Toys, Spawn-themed photobooth and exclusive Mortal Kombat 11 Final Kombat 2020 promotional products for all attendees. Mortal Kombat 11 merchandise will also be available for purchase, provided by Rooster Teeth.
The Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack is the best way to upgrade the Mortal Kombat 11 game experience with new downloadable content (DLC), featuring six characters, numerous skin and gear sets and one-week early access for all content. The new characters coming to Mortal Kombat 11 via the Kombat Pack include Spawn (March 17 early access), The Joker (available now), the iconic Terminator T-800 (available now), Sindel (available now), Nightwolf (available now) and Shang Tsung (available now). Players can purchase the Kombat Pack as part of the Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition for $149.95 (SRP) or individually for $59.95 (SRP). All DLC characters and bonus character skins will be available for individual purchase after the one-week early access period.