Published on September 17th, 2019 | by Admin
Jump into the chaotic frenzy in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 with three new Dream Events
Players can go beyond the limits of reality and into the realm of imagination with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 in Dream Events. Dream Events offer intense, fast-paced experiences with the roster of Mario & Sonic characters that add an all-new layer of party fun when the game releases on 8th November in Australia and New Zealand. The new Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – Dream Events reveal trailer showcases the Dream Events in action.
Dream Shooting: In this score-based event, the goal is to aim and take fire at a range of targets placed all around a traditional Japanese manor. At different intervals during the match, flying kites will appear, which players can target for bonus points.
Dream Karate: Combining the lightning-fast action of Karate with free-for-all gameplay, players fight to light up the most blank spaces featured on the floor to expand their territory. Every space where an enemy falls by their hand will light up. The player or team that lights up the most spaces at the end of the round is the victor. It’s fun-filled chaos.
Dream Racing: Players hop on a hoverboard and zoom through a downhill course filled with question-mark power-ups and challenging obstacles, performing sweet tricks to earn a speed boost and gain the lead. The first one to reach the bottom wins.
Features in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020:
- 10 Classic 2D Events: Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games can be experienced in a brand-new way with classic 2D versions of 10 events from the Olympic Games Tokyo 1964.
- New 3D Events: Surfing, Skateboarding, Karate, and Sport Climbing add to the other 17 seminal 3D events already represented. With many options to choose from, everyone has a sporting chance.
- Many Ways to Play*: On Nintendo Switch, players determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of Joy-Con controllers to their advantage.
- Split-Screen and Online Fun**: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 delivers multiplayer – both local split-screen and online – fun for all ages and groups.
- A Cast of Fan-Favourite Characters: Players can choose from the star-studded Mario & Sonic family, including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Peach, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Yoshi, Tails, Metal Sonic, Donkey Kong, and more.
10 different classic 2D events to be enjoyed with friends and family:
- 10m Platform (Diving)
- 400m Hurdles
- Gymnastics – Vault
- Kayak Single (K-1) 1000m
- Long Jump
- Shooting – Trap
Players will also dash, jump, climb, surf and more in 21 3D events:
- 110m Hurdles
- 4 x 100m Relay
- Canoe Double (C-2) 1000m
- Discus Throw
- Equestrian – Jumping
- Football (Soccer)
- Gymnastics – Floor Exercise
- Javelin Throw
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby Sevens
- Skateboarding – Park
- Sport Climbing
- Surfing – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100m Freestyle
- Table Tennis
- Triple Jump
Players can go beyond the limits of reality and into the realm of imagination with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 in Dream Events – intense, fast-paced experiences with your favourite characters that add an all-new layer of party fun when it releases in Australia and New Zealand on 8th November. Three Dream Events add to the ten classic 2D events and 21 3D events available in the game.