Published on August 29th, 2019 | by admin
Fitbit Launches Versa 2, a premium, voice-enabled lifestyle smartwatch packed with even more advanced health, fitness and convenience features powered by 5+ days battery life to maximise your day and night Innovative sleep features like Sleep Score and smart wake to help you improve your sleep as an important component of overall health Fitbit’s first smartwatch with Amazon Alexa Built-in and Fitbit Pay on all models bring more convenience Spotify expands music options for motivation
Fitbit Launches Versa 2, a premium, voice-enabled lifestyle smartwatch packed with even more advanced health, fitness and convenience features powered by 5+ days battery life to maximise your day and night
Innovative sleep features like Sleep Score and smart wake to help you improve your sleep as an important component of overall health Fitbit’s first smartwatch with Amazon Alexa Built-in and Fitbit Pay on all models bring more convenience Spotify expands music options for motivation
Fitbit (NYSE: FIT) today announced the launch of Fitbit Versa 2™, the next generation of its best-selling smartwatch, Fitbit Versa™. Versa 2 delivers a new precision-crafted swimproof design, includes innovative sleep features like Sleep Score and smart wake, and is packed with even more advanced health, fitness and smart features to elevate every moment.1 For next-level convenience, Versa 2 debuts an on-device microphone, which enables Fitbit’s first-ever Amazon Alexa smartwatch experience, along with a Spotify app that allows users to control their music and podcasts, and Fitbit PayTM on all models. 2 Coupled with even faster performance, thousands of apps and clock faces and a brighter, crisper display with an optional always-on mode, Versa 2 is your 24/7 health and wellness companion – now with 5+ days battery life at the same approachable price as Versa.
“At Fitbit, we believe that health belongs to everyone and that people should not be priced out of having access to devices and features that can help them improve their health. That’s why we’ve designed Versa 2 to be a premium, full-featured and easy-to-use smartwatch at an accessible price point,” said James Park, co-founder and CEO of Fitbit. “Building on the success of our original best-selling Versa smartwatch, we believe the added value and innovation in Versa 2 with new features like Alexa, a Spotify app and advanced in-app and on-device sleep features, will bring more users into the smartwatch category, allowing them to unlock the benefits of better health.”
Better sleep for better, more active days
Sleep is critical to maintaining overall health and wellness, and when surveyed by Fitbit, nearly two-thirds (64 per cent) of participants list sleep as a very important health and fitness priority, but one-third of American adults do not get enough sleep on a regular basis.4 Fitbit pioneered wearable sleep tracking more than 10 years ago, making information previously only available from a medical professional widely accessible on the wrist. As a leader in tracked sleep, we have applied learnings from more than 10.5 billion nights of sleep tracked to innovate in this critical area of health, and the latest sleep features will not only help you better understand your sleep, but provide the features to help you improve it:
- Sleep Score: Receive a nightly score in the Fitbit® app for better insight into your sleep quality. Your score is based on heart rate (sleeping and resting), restlessness, time awake and Sleep Stages. For more insights and analysis behind your Sleep Score, upgrade to Fitbit Premium. 5
- Smart wake: Coming soon to all Fitbit smartwatches, smart wake uses machine learning to wake you during an optimal time of your sleep cycle while in light or REM sleep, based on a pre-selected 30-minute interval, so you wake up feeling more refreshed.6
- Sleep Mode: Simultaneously disable your screen display and silence notifications for a night free of disturbances. Sleep Mode can also be used anytime you don’t want to be interrupted, like during a workout or in a meeting. 7
- Estimated Oxygen Variation Graph: Coming soon, this graph will provide users with an estimate of the variability of oxygen levels in their bloodstream. The data is derived from a combination of the red and infrared sensors on the back of your device. Being aware of short-term variations in the oxygen levels in your bloodstream may indicate variations in your breathing during sleep.
In addition to helping millions around the world better understand and improve their sleep, Fitbit continues to deliver the advanced health and fitness features that our users know and love. On Versa 2, these include: automatic activity tracking, PurePulse® 24/7 heart rate tracking, 15+ goal-based exercise modes, connected GPS and water resistance up to 50 metres.
Alexa, can you help me get healthier?
Yes, Alexa can do that on Versa 2! Enabled by Fitbit’s first on-device microphone, Versa 2 is the first Fitbit smartwatch with Alexa Built-in, taking Alexa out of your home and onto your wrist to help support your active lifestyle, like starting a Fitbit Exercise on-wrist, finding the nearest gym, even learning the caloric value of an avocado (in case you’re wondering, it’s 322 calories). 8 Alexa responds to voice commands on Versa 2 with discreet, silent on-screen text responses. With just a press of a button, speak into the microphone to use Alexa skills on Versa 2 for added convenience wherever you are, Alexa can also help with everyday tasks on-the-go, like setting alarms and timers, checking the local weather and news, controlling your smart home devices, and much more through the sound of your voice. 9
Added convenience and smart features to amplify your day
In addition to Alexa Built-in, Versa 2 comes with even more features to add convenience and ease to your day, like Fitbit Pay on all models, so you can make easy and secure wallet and phone-free payments at retailers and access seven transit systems worldwide, including New York MTA OMNY, TransLink in Vancouver, Transport for London (TfL) and Taiwan iPASS.10
Fitbit is also bringing the Spotify app experience to Versa 2, allowing Spotify Premium subscribers to control music and podcasts so you can find all-day motivation directly from your wrist. 11 The Spotify app lets you control playback on-the-go, change playlists, like songs, and easily switch music output without skipping a beat. The ability to control Spotify adds even more music functionality to Fitbit for you to listen to your music for motivation.12 Additionally, Versa 2 has the ability to store and play 300+ songs from your personal music library, download Pandora stations, and add Deezer playlists.13
To help simplify your life, Versa 2 offers all the essential smart features like smartphone notifications so you can view app, call, calendar and text notifications right from your wrist.14 If you have an Android phone, you can also use the new on-device microphone to reply to texts and notifications from the wrist.15 Plus, you can also choose from nearly 3,000 apps and clock faces to personalise the stats you see and access the apps you need so everything is in one place.
Faster performance, elevated design
Now packed with more advanced features, Versa 2 is also powered by a faster processor compared to Versa for better performance and seamless navigation. Plus, a larger AMOLED display delivers a superior experience with boosted viewability and crisper coloir, and enables an optional always-on display mode, which boasts 2+ days battery life so you can easily check the time and see your stats during a workout without lifting your wrist or pressing a button.
Versa 2 is Fitbit’s most premium, modern smartwatch design yet. It is precision-crafted with subtle material, finish and form updates, giving the smartwatch an elevated yet universal appeal. The watch is durable and water resistant up to 50 meters, yet lightweight and comfortable enough to wear all day and night with rounded edges and a curved case. An anodised aluminium finish in a natural colour palette gives a sophisticated, modern aesthetic to complement any style or look – and with the simplified one-button design, Versa 2 has a sleek silhouette reminiscent of a classic timepiece.
Applying design to style, Versa 2 Special Edition features a premium jacquard woven band in navy and pink with a copper rose aluminum case or smoke with a mist grey case, plus a contemporary colour-matched classic silicone band in navy and olive, respectively, for two chic styles in one. All special edition devices will also come with a free three-month trial of the Fitbit Premium membership for an elevated holistic health and fitness experience.17
Accessories designed for every occasion
To complement its enhanced design, Versa 2 offers a wide variety of new accessories for work, play and working out, all of which are compatible across the entire Versa family. Featuring new colours, materials and styles, the lineup offers an array of options for any lifestyle or activity:
- Classic bands: Stain-resistant, comfortable, soft and waterproof, classic silicone bands are available in new colours, including black, petal, stone, midnight blue and olive.18
- Sport-inspired: Designed for all types of workouts or a sportier look, the Versa family’s first sport bands are perforated for added breathability, available in navy, black, glacier, frost white and coral, in the same stain-resistant, comfortable silicone as the classic bands. 19
- Athleisure-centric: Woven bands made from recycled materials flaunt a reflective stripe and come in on-trend colour combinations, like charcoal with an orange stripe, pink on pink stripe, and navy on navy stripe.20
- Fashionable leather and suede: Premium Horween® leather perforated bands in charcoal and moss suede add an elegance to any look, whether at the office or a night out.20
- RECCO Rescue technology: RECCO’s renowned rescue reflector technology is integrated into a sporty and rugged woven navy band to make you more searchable by professional rescuers and is fastened securely with a velcro strap to stay on no matter how extreme the activity. Designed with RECCO’s proprietary reflector, which requires no charge and lasts a lifetime, outdoor enthusiasts have added safety and peace of mind when tackling their favourite activities.21
Pricing and availability
Versa 2 is available for presale today from select online retailers for $329.95 (AUD) in black with a carbon case, petal with a copper rose aluminium case, and stone with a mist grey case; accessories range from $49.95-$89.95 (AUD). Versa 2 Special Edition is available for $379.95 (AUD) in navy and pink with a copper rose aluminium case and smoke with a mist grey case.
Versa 2 will be available in stores worldwide beginning September 15, 2019 and leading local retailers including, JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman, Officeworks, Rebel Sport, Amazon, Big W, Target, Myer, The Good Guys, Bing Lee and David Jones. Two exclusive editions – emerald and plum, both with a copper rose case – will also be available this September, only on Fitbit.com and select retailers.