Published on January 6th, 2017 | by admin
Fitbit Launches Redesigned Fitstar Personal Trainer App To Help You Work Out Smarter with Recommended Workouts Based on Fitbit Activity
New Trainers, Additional Exercises and Tailored Music Delivers Even Greater Customisation and More Motivation to Help You Reach Your Goals Faster
SYDNEY – January 6, 2017 – Today, Fitstar™ by Fitbit is launching a brand-new app experience that helps you achieve your fitness goals through an enhanced personalised and guided workout journey. The new Fitstar Personal Trainer app features tailored workouts and recommendations based on your Fitstar and Fitbit® activities. More robust guidance and coaching will help you work out smarter and get the most out of the Fitbit ecosystem. Plus, new trainers to choose from, an expanded library of exercises, customisable music, and a refreshed look provide greater inspiration.
Fitstar Personal Trainer allows you to get fit anytime, anywhere, whether at home or on the go with adaptive video workouts that evolve as you progress. The app uses your own feedback to ensure each routine is built to match your fitness level, and personalised to your strength and stamina. Fitstar Personal Trainer features four comprehensive exercise programs with hundreds of moves, as well as dozens of Freestyle sessions such as “10-Minute Abs” and “Traveller 10,” which are a great way to mix up fitness routines and see real results. In fact, Fitstar data shows the effectiveness of these workouts; 85% of people who use Fitstar Personal Trainer for at least five sessions report an increase in strength.
For the first time, Fitstar will provide a range of recommended workouts based on your activities tracked with a Fitbit device and deliver them right to your Fitbit and Fitstar Personal Trainer apps. Fitbit users will see these workouts in the new “Guidance” tab coming soon to the Fitbit app, and Fitstar users will find them in the Recommended workouts section of their dashboard. With this feature, if a user runs five miles wearing a Fitbit device, Fitstar might suggest a customised Fitstar Personal Trainer session that rests the legs and focuses on abs and arms. All users, both those who track or don’t track activities with a Fitbit device, will also receive workout recommendations in both apps based on the sessions people in similar demographics are doing.
“Since joining the Fitbit family in 2014, we’ve known the marriage of wearables and our dynamic video workouts would lead to more effective and relevant fitness programs,” said Mike Maser, Co-Founder and VP of Fitstar by Fitbit. “The redesigned Fitstar Personal Trainer app takes the next step in realising this vision. For example, by intelligently matching your Fitbit-tracked activities with Fitstar’s huge array of content, we’re delivering smarter guidance that allows people to target specific muscle groups in order to reach their goals faster.”
The redesigned Fitstar Personal Trainer app experience includes:
- Recommended workouts: Fitstar will recommend workouts based on your daily activity tracked with a Fitbit device in the new “Guidance” tab, providing customised fitness guidance to better help you reach your goals.
- Two certified personal trainers: Choose between Adrian and Lea who will guide you on your fitness journey. You can decide who motivates you more and switch between the two personalities as you see fit.
- Fitstar Radio: Personalise your workout soundtrack with Fitstar Radio, which offers several popular music stations from Pop to Hip Hop to motivate you while you exercise.
- New look and feel: A new, redesigned look and feel provides a fresh and inspiring exercise experience that you can view on a wide variety of formats, from mobile phones to the latest high-def TVs.
- More moves: An expanded library of new bodyweight and cardio exercises for every fitness level, with more to be added regularly.
Fitstar Personal Trainer is available worldwide today in English, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish. The app is accessible via Wi-Fi on iOS devices, Android phones, and online; it also works with Chromecast and Airplay.
- Fitstar Personal Trainer Premium provides access to unlimited personalised workouts and the entire Freestyle catalogue for $12.99 AUD/month or $62.99 AUD/year.
- Fitstar Personal Trainer Basic provides access to two “Get Moving” customised sessions per week and some Freestyle workouts for free.
- The app can be downloaded for free on the App Store and Google Play, as well as accessed online.
1 Source: Fitstar January – June 2016 anonymous and aggregated user data.