Published on February 28th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
Final Fantasy VII Remake INTERGRADE | Coming to PS5 10/06/21
Revealed as part of the State of Play digital livestream, hosted by Sony Interactive Entertainment, Square Enix Ltd., today announced that the critically acclaimed and award-winning FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE will come to the PlayStation®5 (PS5™) console on June 10, 2021, as the enhanced and expanded FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE takes advantage of the latest generation hardware and includes a wealth of graphical, gameplay and system enhancements for the PS5:
• Immerse yourself in the city of Midgar like never before, with improved textures, lighting, and background environments. Players can switch between two game modes:
o “Graphics Mode” prioritises 4K high-resolution graphics
o “Performance Mode” prioritises smooth action at 60 frames per second
• Capture and share your memorable moments from the game with a fully customisable “Photo Mode”
• Enjoy immersive battles by using the DualSense wireless controller, with its haptic feedback integration, and enjoy dynamic bike racing with its adaptive triggers.
• New difficulty settings for ‘Classic Mode’ provide new ways to play
• Jump into the action faster with optimized loading times
As a thank you to those who have purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for the PlayStation®4 console, Square Enix are providing these players a free PS5 enhancement update* that will include all next-gen visual and gameplay enhancements detailed above at no extra cost when playing on a PS5 console.
As well as introducing many exciting new enhancements, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE also includes a brand-new episode featuring Yuffie as the main character. In this new adventure, play as ninja Yuffie Kisaragi as she infiltrates the shadowy Shinra Corporation to steal a powerful materia and restore glory to her homeland. Play alongside new characters and enjoy an expanded gameplay experience featuring multiple new combat and gameplay additions, bringing a new perspective to the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE story that cannot be missed.
Players, who purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE on PS4™ and upgrade to PS5 can purchase the new episode featuring Yuffie as a standalone download from the PlayStation®Store. Owners of the disc version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE on PS4 will require a PS5console with disc drive in order to take advantage of this digital upgrade.
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE, the PS5 enhancement update, and the standalone downloadable episode featuring Yuffie will be available for the PS5 console worldwide on June 10, 2021.
* If you already own FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for the PS4 (physical or digital version) and own a PS5, you can download the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE free PS5 enhancement update. This update does not include the new episode featuring Yuffie. The new episode featuring Yuffie can be purchased separately. An internet connection is required to obtain the free PS5 enhancement update. However, if you have purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (physical edition) for PS4, and own the PS5 digital edition (the model without a disc drive) then you are not eligible to download the upgrade.
In addition, today SQUARE ENIX announced two exciting new mobile games set in the FINAL FANTASY VII world. FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER is a battle royal action game set in Midgar before the events of FINAL FANTASY VII. As a SOLDIER candidate, the player will make full use of their magic and abilities in a battle for their survival. FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS is a chapter-structured single player experience which will cover the whole of the FFVII timeline, including the events of the original game along with all the FFVII compilation titles, as well as new story elements, penned by FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE story and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, surrounding the origins of SOLDIER. More information on these two mobile games, FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER and FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS, will be announced at a later date.
Finally, the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Original Soundtrack will be available on online music subscription services**, including Apple Music, Spotify and Amazon Music Unlimited, from February 26. Fans can soon enjoy the 156 tracks that brought life and color to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE wherever and whenever they want. For more information, please visit the respective pages.
**Streaming service and music availability may vary by region.
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE is not yet rated and launches worldwide on June 10, 2021 for the PS5 console.
FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER, slated for release in 2021, and FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS, slated for release in 2022, will be available as free downloads with in-app purchases for iOS and Android devices.