Published on November 3rd, 2018 | by admin
Exciting announcements unveiled for all Blizzard Entertainment franchises at BlizzCon!
BlizzCon 2018 is now underway, and the Anaheim Convention Centre is buzzing with excitement! In case you missed the Opening Ceremony, here’s a roundup of all the exciting announcements we just made.
- Diablo Immortal – Blizzard introduces an authentic Diablo experience with Diablo Immortal, a mobile MMO Action RPG and the newest entry into the Diablo series! Learn more.
- Diablo III Eternal Collection now available – Nintendo Switch owners around the world can now get their gauntlets on the Diablo III Eternal Collection, retailing for RRP $89.95 AUD/$99.99 NZD.
- Nintendo Switch Diablo III Eternal Collection Bundle – Players looking to commemorate the arrival of the Lord of Terror to Nintendo’s newest system can now purchase this fiery console bundle at select ANZ locations!
World of Warcraft
- Tides of Vengeance – The war between the Horde and the Alliance reaches a crucial turning point in Tides of Vengeance, the upcoming first major content update for Battle for Azeroth, featuring new content including the Battle of Dazar’alor raid, the Battle for Darkshore warfront, and more.
- Watch the “Lost Honour” cinematic here.
- WoW Classic – WoW Classic will launch Winter 2019 in ANZ, and will be included with a World of Warcraft subscription. BlizzCon attendees can demo an early build of WoW Classic on the show floor. Attendees and Virtual Ticket holders can access to the BlizzCon WoW Classic Demo from home from today until 5 a.m. AEDT/7 a.m. NZDT on 9 November. Learn more.
- Adopt Whomper and Support Code.org – A new in-game pet and plushie is now available for purchase, with proceeds going to benefit Code.org—a nonprofit dedicated to expanding computer science education in schools and increasing participation by women and minorities. Learn more about Whomper, the playful baby yeti.
Warcraft III: Reforged
- Warcraft III Reforged – Experience this beloved real-time strategy game like never before. All new art and animations, 62 single-player missions, a refreshed user interface, an overhauled World Editor, and full Battle.net integration await in this timeless classic. Learn more.
- Ashe – A new hero, the notorious gunslinging outlaw Ashe, will soon be joining the roster of Overwatch, Blizzard’s acclaimed team-based shooter.
- McCree Animated Short – A new Overwatch animated short was revealed during the ceremony—in “Reunion”, McCree runs into his old friend, Ashe.
- Lúcio-Oh’s is here! – With the help of Kellogg’s, the popular Lúcio in-game spray has become a reality. The cereal will be available for purchase starting in late December at various retailers in the United States. Some lucky attendees at BlizzCon and those visiting Kellogg’s NYC café in Union Square this weekend will be some of the first to boost their breakfast with Lúcio-Oh’s Sonic Vanilla flavour.
- Rastakhan’s Rumble™ – A new Hearthstone expansion, launching 5 December AEDT/NZDT, pits players against the finest troll gladiators Azeroth can muster. Step into Gurubashi Arena and fight for glory with 135 brutal new cards, including Wild Gods that have manifested in the form of nine new Legendary Loa minions!
- Rumble Run – In the single-player mode for Rastakhan’s Rumble, Rumble Run, compete for glory before cheering crowds in a no-holds-barred smackdown in the Gurubashi Arena! Players will choose a troll champion and climb the ranks in this gladiatorial contest to be crowned champion. Rumble Run is free for all players; no pre-built decks are required for entry.
- Eager combatants can pre-purchase Rastakhan’s Rumble card packs via two bundles: a 17-pack Challenger’s Bundle that includes the Ready to Rumble! card back, and the 50-pack Rumble Bundle that includes the King Rastakhan Shaman Hero and the Ready to Rumble! card back. These bundles are available on any platform from $26.95 AUD/$31.99 NZD and $66.95 AUD/$79.99 NZD respectively—one of each can be purchased per account.
For more info, visit RastakhansRumble.com
Heroes of the Storm
- New Hero: Orphea – The first ever Nexus-born Hero—Orphea, heir of Raven Court and daughter of the nefarious Raven Lord—is an approachable ranged Assassin with a high skill cap who rewards opportunistic plays. BlizzCon attendees and Virtual Ticket holders will get Orphea for free when she makes her way to the Nexus in Blizzard’s fast-paced MOBA later this month. Learn more.
- Match Quality Updates and Community Content – The 2019 Gameplay Update is coming to Heroes of the Storm with the goal of making games feel closer and more competitive, including exciting new changes to the experience system and matchmaking. The Heroes team is also paying homage to some of the community’s most hotly requested items by adding Skins like Janitor Leoric, the Kevin Johnson aka Cloaken announcer, and more! Learn more.
- Zeratul – Prepare to strike from the shadows with the next Commander for StarCraft II’s popular Co-Op mode: Zeratul, the renowned psionic assassin. By collecting powerful artifacts, Zeratul unlocks powerful new capabilities and the ability to customise his global top bar abilities.
- Warchest/Twitch – For the first time ever, the War Chest will integrate directly with Twitch to reward players for watching StarCraft II. Players can unlock exciting in-game content like player portraits, sprays, emoticons, banners, and for the first time ever, building skins. Learn more.
More surprises, announcements, and esports matches are in store at BlizzCon this weekend, so stay tuned—our adventure has just begun!