Published on June 9th, 2017 | by admin
Epson launches intelligent interactive WorkForce DS-780N scanner
With touchscreen and built-in networking
SYDNEY, 8 June 2017 – Epson Australia has launched its most intelligent business scanner yet – the WorkForce DS-780N, an interactive sheet-fed touchscreen model with built-in networking to make sharing documents easy, and a host of innovative features to ensure maximum security, control and document-handling versatility.
The DS-780N is designed for high-volume scanning, with a 100-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF), USB 3.0 compatibility, and very fast colour scanning speeds of 45ppm/90ipm at 300dpi. It makes scanning easy with innovative smart features including an industry first slow mode¹ for delicate documents, and double-feed detection skip to permit the scanning of items such as envelopes and documents with sticky notes attached. It also features an intuitive colour LCD touchscreen control panel that makes scanning straightforward.
The DS-780N is ideal for creating a scanner fleet with built-in networking. Epson’s Document Capture Pro software offers complete control and security, allowing job, group, device and access protocols to be managed centrally.
The scanner allows user authentication via pin code, third-party IC card or user directory (LDAP), and the control panel is lockable to prevent tampering with the device. Pre-defined job profiles help ensure the correct task is selected, and scans are sent to the right locations.
The DS-780N will alert the administrator if it needs maintenance, and provides detailed usage reports showing clearly which devices are used most, and how many scans they’ve made, to allow effective fleet management.
The WorkForce DS-780N is available now with an RRP of AUD$1,299.00
For more information go to: http://www.epson.com.au/products/scanner/WorkForceDS-780N.asp
1. 100-sheet paper ADF capacity
2. Fast colour scanning speeds of 45ppm/90ipm at 300dpi
3. Single-pass duplex scanning
4. Enhanced security features including pin code, IC card and user directory (LDAP) access, central control and a control panel lock to prevent tampering, and ensure jobs are sent to the correct users
5. Maintenance and consumables alerts, as well as detailed location and usage
6. Scan a wide range of media including business cards and A3 paper between 27 and 413gsm. Long document mode allows scans up to 6096mm
7. Auto Scan mode for continuous scanning of documents to create one file
Double Feed Detection Skip function to scan difficult media like envelopes and
documents with sticky notes by simply disabling the scanner’s detection systems
8. Double Feed Detection technology, including paper separation roller system,
ultrasonic sensor and paper length detection for ensuring every page gets scanned
9. Industry-first Slow Mode for delicate, damaged or difficult to scan documents¹
10. Compact to fit in virtually any office environment
11. Epson Document Capture Pro 2.0/Document Capture Pro Server
USB 3.0 for fast connectivity
12. Epson Scan 2.0 software for advanced imaging technology: searchable PDF;
advanced colour dropout; automatic de-skew; auto page size detection; multi-document size detection; secure PDF; text enhancement; auto area segmentation; punch holes removal; skip blank pages, among others
13. Twain, WIA and ISIS driver support for enhanced compatibility with DMS
14. Energy-Star compliant