Published on August 24th, 2022 | by Andrew Bistak
DEAD ISLAND 2 COMING 3RD FEBRUARY, 2023
Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios unveiled Dead Island 2 during gamescom’s global livestream event Opening Night Live, with an incredible CGI Trailer showcasing the brand new zombie adventure’s exciting pulp tone, cool characters and diverse weapons.
The Announce Gameplay Trailer includes actual game footage, setting the scene for what’s to come and introducing players to the variety of stunning gore-drenched locations and a cornucopia of zombified Los Angelinos.
Click here to view the gamescom Announce Trailer here: https://youtu.be/0jIdJLqxrmo
Click to view the Announce Gameplay Trailer here: https://youtu.be/YOcnELguTfQ
Dead Island 2 is a First Person Action RPG set in an unique setting – a hellish, yet stylish and vibrant, gore-drenched vision of Los Angeles, nicknamed HELL-A. The series’ unique formula, dark humour and over the top zombie-slaying returns, with all the swagger and charisma you’d expect from Dead Island.
The CGI trailer stars Jacob, one of our playable slayers, as he wakes up in a luxurious Beverly Hills villa but nothing is what it seems. Join him as he ventures out into HELL-A and witness the bloody outbreak aftermath, enhanced by the iconic track Hollywood Swinging by Kool And The Gang.
Pre-orders are live now and the game will release on 3rd February, 2023 on Xbox Series X and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment systems from Microsoft, PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, Google Stadia and the Epic Games Store for PC.
As you uncover the truth behind the outbreak, you’ll uncover the truth of who – or what – you are. Survive, evolve, save the world – just another day in LA!
- Explore HELL-A – Dead Island 2 takes players across the most iconic locations of the City of Angels, now stained with horror, in an exciting pulp journey from the verdant suburbia of Beverly Hills to the quirky promenade of Venice Beach.
- Brutal Melee Sandbox – Combat delivers the most intense, visceral and gory first person experience possible, with plenty of weapons and brutally tactical options to chew your way through the zombie horde. Whether you’re slicing, smashing, burning or ripping, we want you to truly feel it.
- Be the Ultimate Zombie Slayer – There are six characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogues. You can fully customise the abilities of each Slayer, with our brand-new skill system allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out the craziest builds.
- Zombie Infestation – Ready to experience the most advanced dismemberment system in games? Our LA is crawling with zombies that look and react realistically. These mutated wretches are the reanimated, rotten heart of Dead Island 2 with dozens of distinct zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks and hundreds of visual LA-themed variants. Our monsters are relentless, challenging, and true Los Angelinos. Will you be able to survive
- A Cinematic Co-op Adventure – As a proper RPG experience, Dead Island 2 offers plenty of exciting quests, a crazy cast of characters, and a thrilling pulp story, to truly immerse you in its twisted universe. Re-playability is guaranteed. Add an over-the-top co-op mode for up to three players, and you’ll stay in LA for a very long (and gory) trip.