Published on July 3rd, 2015 | by admin
Xbox Newsbeat – 3 July 2015
The Forza Garage is Now Open! New Car List Confirmations for Forza Motorsport 6
Ten FIA Formula E cars making their debut in Forza Motorsport 6
Starting now and leading up to the release of Forza Motorsport 6 on Sept. 15, we’ll be revealing more details each week on the full car list for the game, including additional information on the new tracks being brought to the racing world.
The Forza Garage announcement kicks off with a bang with ten FIA Formula E cars making their debut in Forza Motorsport 6. The original 2014 Renault Spark SRT_01E made its worldwide debut in Forza Motorsport 5 as a DLC car – this time, the entire field of the 2014/2015 FIA Formula E season will be represented for the first time in a console racing game.
Take a look at some of the cars below:
- 2015 Formula E #55 Amlin Aguri Spark SRT_01E
- 2015 Formula E #11 ABT FE 01
- 2015 Formula E #10 Trulli Spark SRT_01E
- 2015 Formula E #99 NEXTEV TCR FE01
- 2015 Formula E #27 Andretti Formula E Spark SRT_01E
- 2015 Formula E #21 Mahindra M2Electro
- 2015 Formula E #9 e.dams-Renault Spark SRT_01E
- 2015 Formula E #6 Dragon Racing Spark SRT_01E
- 2015 Formula E #2 Virgin Racing VIR 01E
For all the latest Forza news and upcoming announcements around Forza Motorsport 6, please check the Xbox Wire.
New Xbox Features in Preview on Windows 10 and Xbox One
More fantastic features launching this month, have a look below.
Earlier this month, big announcements were made at E3 about bringing two highly-anticipated features to Xbox One preview program members—Xbox One Backward Compatibility and game streaming from your Xbox One to a Windows 10 PC. This month there are more new Xbox on Windows 10 features launching in preview this month.
Xbox on Windows 10
First up, new features for the Xbox on Windows 10 app:
- My Games – A key ingredient of the Xbox on Windows 10 app is making its initial appearance this month, enabling you to add and launch Windows games from the new My Games menu.
- Game hubs – You can now launch a local PC game from its game hub, view details about the game in the Windows Store, and find and follow People to Watch for a given game.
- Share with your friends – With this preview release, you can share your achievements to your Activity feed and Showcase just like you do on Xbox One.
- Xbox avatars – We renamed the Avatars app on Windows 10 to Xbox Avatars and the layout and iconography have been updated to final designs.
- Xbox account – In preview, you can sign in to Xbox on Windows 10 with any account, and create a new Xbox account if you do not already have one.
Xbox One Preview
Please continue sending your feedback on the two new features we launched in Xbox One preview earlier this month – Xbox One Backward Compatibility and game streaming. In addition, the team is continuing to test the Miracast functionality in the Wireless Display app and appreciates your patience while we iron out the kinks.
Stay tuned to the Xbox Wire to stay up to date with all the latest Xbox features coming your way.
Xbox at gamescom 2015
Details for the next big event!
In early August, the collective eyes of the gaming world will look toward Cologne, Germany for gamescom, the largest consumer gaming show on earth. Xbox will be there in full force for a variety of events, many of which you can watch online if you’re not able to make it to the show. It’s going to be a fun, exciting time in Cologne, so we really hope you can join us either in-person or online. See you in Germany!
gamescom 2015 Xbox Briefing
Wednesday, 5 August 2015 at 12:00 a.m. AEST
During our E3 2015 Xbox Briefing, we shared the first part of our vision for the future of Xbox gaming. That will continue when the Xbox Team takes the stage the evening before gamescom officially kicks off to share the latest on the games coming to Xbox One, including highly anticipated titles like Scalebound, Quantum Break, and Crackdown. We’ll take a closer look at those and other upcoming games, as well as share some exciting announcements. So tune in to the gamescom 2015 Xbox Briefing on Xbox One, Xbox.com, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone to get the latest news and see some hot trailers and demos.
The Xbox booth at gamescom
Wednesday, August 5 – 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. CEST (Note that this is for press/trade only)
Thursday, August 6 through Saturday, August 9 – 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. CEST
Sunday, August 10 – 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. CEST
gamescom is the world’s largest consumer video game show, giving fans who purchase tickets the chance to take a closer look at the future of gaming. Come join us in the Xbox booth on the show floor to go hands-on with the greatest line-up in Xbox history. From Halo 5: Guardians and Forza Motorsport 6 to Rise of the Tomb Raider, we’ve got some amazing titles for you to play in the booth and watch in our comfortable theatre. Get an early taste of the games you’ll be enjoying, both this holiday and in 2016.
If you’re in Cologne, come join us in the Xbox booth on the show floor to go hands-on with the greatest line-up in Xbox history.
We’ve got an amazing line-up planned for gamescom 2015 and can’t wait to share it with you. Stay tuned to the Xbox Wire for all the latest updates, and get ready for a year of awesome Xbox gaming!
Watch the MINECON livestream this weekend on Xbox with Twitch
It’s almost here!
MINECON will arrive this weekend and from July 4-5, players of all ages and all corners of the globe will gather in London to celebrate Minecraft and its community.
MINECON will host Minecraft-related discussion panels and gameplay sessions, as well as keynote speeches from members of the community, building contests, costume contests and exhibits, making this the biggest event yet.
The team at Mojang invites you to tune in to the show throughout the weekend through the official livestream, which will be hosted on Xbox One and Xbox 360 through the Twitch app and available on Twitch.tv.
In addition fans can see events as they happen on the Mojang YouTube Channel.
Three streams will be live at twitch.tv/minecon throughout the weekend:
- twitch.tv/mojang– The main MINECON stream, from the Studio in the Expo Hall (North Halls)
- twitch.tv/mineconstage– Dedicated Main Stage Stream (South Halls)
- twitch.tv/mineconpanel– Dedicated Panel Room 1 Stream (S1 & S2)
The full viewing schedule is as follows, all times are in AEST:
Saturday, 4th July
- 7:00pm Streams Live
- 7:30pm- 8:30pm AEST – Opening Ceremony (Main Stream and Stage Stream)
- 8:30pm Saturday – 4:00am Sunday – Day content from Studio, Main Stage and Panel rooms throughout the day (all streams)
Sunday, 5th July
- 4:30am – 1:00pm – Re-stream of content from the day (all streams)
- 7:00pm Streams Live
- 7:45pm – 8:00pm – Welcome! (Main Stream)
- 8:00pm Sunday – 2:00am Monday – Day content from Studio, Main Stage and Panel rooms throughout the day (all streams)
Monday, 6th July
- 2:00am Monday – 3:00am Monday- Closing Ceremony
- 3:30am Monday – 10:30am Monday – Re-stream of content from the day for global audience (all streams)
For all the latest Minecraft news and everything out of MINECON 2015, check out the Xbox Wire.