Published on October 10th, 2014 | by admin
Xbox Newsbeat – 10/10/2014
The Awesomepocalypse is Nigh! Sunset Overdrive Goes Gold and is Available for Pre-Order and Pre-Download Starting Today
A vibrant and insane end of days starting Oct. 30
Set your countdown clocks and brace yourself for the Awesomepocalypse – Sunset Overdrive has officially gone gold! Insomniac Games and Microsoft Studios are excited to usher in a vibrant and insane end of days starting Oct. 30.
Starting today, fans have the opportunity to pre-order and pre-download the Sunset Overdrive Day One Edition and the Sunset Overdrive Day One Digital Deluxe Edition on Xbox Live and receive two bonus weapons to make the Awesomepocalypse that much more awesome. Fans will get the following OD slaying bonuses in the form of:
Day One Bonus Items
- Nothin’ but the Hits – An overcharged version of the High Fidelity gun that launches limited edition, priceless, multi-coloured vinyls that do increased damage.
- It’s Me! Fizzie! – Fizzie is more popular than you because he has a great marketing budget. So, why not dress up as him and get in on some of that fame?
- Hardcore! Hammer – You ponder buying the Day One Edition of Sunset Overdrive. A spot check reveals that if you do, you can equip a mighty hammer made from a bat and spiked dumb-bells. You buy the Day One Edition of Sunset Overdrive.
Additional Pre-Order Bonus Items on Xbox Live
Acordes de la Muerte – Give me a “K!” Give me an “I!” Give me a “Guitar-with-melting-candles-on-it melee weapon that can bash in the skulls of my vilified enemies!” What’s that spell? Errr…
- The Hangover – Show how much you like to party with this melee weapon made out of beer cans and an electrified pitchfork. One thing led to the other, right?
Fans can also choose to pre-order the Day One Digital Deluxe Edition ($116.70 AUD RRP) of Sunset Overdrive, which includes the game’s Season Pass. Also available separately for $26.95, the Season Pass guarantees lots of OD wrecking fun with three additional post-launch Game Add-ons and some great added bonuses you can use at launch, including:
- If variety is the spice of life then these six exclusive outfits for Sunset Overdrive are going to probably overpower your original meal with flavour, unfortunately. But, hey! They look great! So, deck yourself out in the Bomber Ninja, Disco Champion, Goth Lolita, Never Get Cold, Road Queen, and Red Monkey Lightning Outfits.
- Smite – Sometimes you just need a little help from above. Slap on this Epic Amp and watch as your enemies puff into a cloud of smoke courtesy of those ethereal forces who probably have better things to do than help you knock off a few foes. But, let’s not complain.
- XP Mod – A tough lesson to learn is that experience isn’t given – it is earned. It’s also increased with this Weapon Amp that will level up your weapon faster. Bet you wish you knew that for most of life, huh?
- Kaboom! – Out of the many uses for balloons, misting a group of mutants is probably our favourite. With the Kaboom! Trap you can do just that. Wait for the creepy clown to produce a nice bundle for you and then fire away! A nice explosion is your reward for putting up with the clown.
- Death by Decibel – We know a lot of people brag about their speaker system “blowing people away,” but our Death by Decibel Trap will literally do just that. Any enemy that gets near it will be blasted away thanks to the glorious power of rock music.
For more information on all that is Sunset Overdrive and everything Xbox, please visit the Xbox Wire.
Project Spark Launches Online and at Retail
What will you create?
After a six-month beta, Project Spark has now launched with a host of new content and a retail disc offering. More than 1 million Project Spark creators have already logged 4 million hours making 70,000 game levels that fans can dive into on day one. New content comes online every day so there’s is always fresh content to check out regardless of your genre preference or skill level. Project Spark is an experience like no other that aims to democratize game making by giving everyone easy-to-use tools to create, play and share their own creations with others. You can instantly play tens of thousands of user-made games, remix a pre-made game, or hop right in and make your own game with tools including 3D sculpting and a visual programming language similar to what the pros use, made accessible to all. Project Spark is free-to-play and is available for download now via the Xbox One and Windows 8.1 stores. Add-on content can be unlocked by using in-game credits earned during play, or by purchasing tokens to buy add-ons immediately. Fans will see a host of new content available on launch day including sci-fi skin, adventure mode, champion features, creation enhancements, and multiplayer mode to inspire all new gameplay. Those brand new to Project Spark might want to check out the Starter Pack retail disc that includes over $85 worth of downloadable content for $49.95. The package includes the Project Spark base game download, “Champions Quest: Void Storm” adventure,” First Contact” sci-fi theme pack, Sir Haakon the Knight playable champion, “Arctic Glaciers” winter landscape, “Massive World Builders Pack” expansion, “Yeti’s Rage” content pack, and a one month “Spark Premium” membership. Project Spark isn’t “finished” at launch — it’s an ever-evolving service shaped by the community. Several features and changes were applied during beta due to direct responses from fans, and post-release the community will be even more involved in shaping the future of Project Spark. We can’t wait to hear what you think, and play what you create.
For more information and everything you need to know about Project Spark, please visit the Xbox Wire.
Forza Horizon 2 Mobil 1 Car Pack
Featuring six amazing cars to race, customize, and collect in the game
Forza Horizon 2 has launched for Xbox One and players from all over the world are now enjoying the wide-open roads of southern Europe. Forza Horizon 2 for Xbox One includes exclusive features like dynamic weather, instant online multiplayer, and amazing Drivatar opponents. In fact, if you played Forza Motorsport 5 but haven’t yet tried Forza Horizon 2, your personal Drivatar may already be racing down the Mediterranean coast. Nearly 3 million Drivatars, all trained in Forza Motorsport 5, are already racing against fans and each other in Forza Horizon 2 right now. Today, we are announcing the details on the first Car Pack for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One. The Mobil 1 Car Pack features six amazing cars to race, customize, and collect in the game. Whether you are looking for something rough and tumble, or an exquisite work of art, this pack has got something for you. In fact, the cars from the Mobil 1 Car Pack sound just as good as they look. From the rasping, burbling Jaguar F-Type R to the screaming 16v VW Scirocco, this pack features delights for the ears and eyes alike. All the cars in the Mobil 1 Car Pack will be available on Tuesday, October 7, for $6.65.Players who own the Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass will be able to download the Mobil 1 Car Pack for free. This month, we are including a free additional car to the pack – the thunderous 1988 BMW M5 – which will be available to all Forza Horizon 2 players at no additional cost. Once purchased, all cars from the Mobil 1 Car Pack will be immediately available in Forza Horizon 2 at no additional in-game cost.
For more information and the full list of cars being announced, please visit the Xbox Wire.
Warlock Revealed as the Final Halo 2 Map Being Re-Imagined for Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Now, the fan favourite arena will find a home in Halo: The Master Chief Collection
First it was Wizard in Halo: Combat Evolved. Then it was remade in Halo 2 as Warlock, and again as Magus in Halo: Reach. Now, the fan favourite arena will find a home in Halo: The Master Chief Collection as Warlord – the last of the six classic Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer maps being re-imagined for the game, joining Ascension, Coagulation, Zanzibar, Sanctuary and Lockout. Set amid the ruins of an ancient Forerunner dungeon on Delta Halo, Warlock was renowned for hosting close-quarters firefights across its stony ramps and platforms, as well as teleporters that allowed players to instantly warp back and forth across the map to escape gunfights or launch deadly ambushes. “Warlock was my pet project due to fond memories of internal Bungie playtests where we had intense, epic shotgun CTF matches,” said Max Hoberman, president of Certain Affinity and the multiplayer lead designer on the original Halo 2. “There’s really nothing else quite like this map in the Halo sandbox – a small arena 4-way symmetric base map – and we felt that it would be a great complement to the other re-imagined maps.” Of course, Halo 2: Anniversary’s Warlord also includes a few new updates.
For more information please visit the Xbox Wire.
Killer Instinct Season One Combo Breaker Edition Now Available in Retail Stores
Season Two set to hit Xbox One on October 15
The Killer Instinct Combo Breaker edition is now available in stores as of Thursday 9th October for the price: $29.95rrp. This great package comes with all Season One characters – includes Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character. Fight On!
In addition, starting on October 15th, Killer Instinct: Season 2 begins with new fighters, enhanced game modes, and a completely revamped sleek interface. Fans will have several options to purchase Killer Instinct: Season 2, which includes special discounted fighter packages:
- Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Ultra Edition AUD$52.45
o Eight fighters, starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and adding a new fighter each month
o Select fighter costumes and accessory packs
o Killer Instinct 2 Classic – a perfect port of the arcade game with full multiplayer support for intense fighting over Xbox Live
o Content Early Access – Customers who buy the Ultra Edition will get early access to characters and customization items before anyone else
- Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Combo Breaker AUD$26.95
o Eight fighters, starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and adding a new fighter each month
o Players can also purchase Season 2 fighters individually as they are made available for AUD$6.65
For fans who want to get TJ Combo early, they can purchase the Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Ultra Edition between September 23rd and October 14th. This offer not only includes instantly adding TJ Combo to the roster, but also gives fans early access to Killer Instinct 2 Classic.
For the latest Xbox news and information check out the Xbox Wire.
Pre-Download Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Starting Today
Be among the first to use cutting-edge exoskeleton abilities and an advanced arsenal of weapons
Today, one of the most anticipated titles of the year is available for pre-order and pre-download on Xbox One. You can be among the first to use cutting-edge exoskeleton abilities and an advanced arsenal of weapons by pre-ordering and pre-downloading Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and powering up your exoskeleton early, starting on Nov. 3. To celebrate the launch of the game, the following Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare game bundles are available for pre-order globally, starting today, through the Xbox Store on the console or online at store.xbox.com:
- Xbox One Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition, available starting today for $100.20 includes the standard game, Day Zero early access, double XP on Nov. 3, two custom weapons, and the Advanced Arsenal custom bullet brass exoskeleton and EM1 Quantum directed energy weapon.
- Xbox One Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition, available starting today for $150.45 includes the standard game, Season Pass, Atlas Gorge bonus multiplayer map, Atlas Digital Content Pack, Day Zero Early Access, double XP on Nov. 3, Two Day Zero custom weapons, and the Advanced Arsenal.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is set to deliver a new era of Call of Duty and brings a new vision to the blockbuster franchise. Developed by Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision Publishing Inc., Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare boasts true next generation visuals and jolts players forward in a ground breaking experience that’s ripped-from-the-headline-of-tomorrow, envisioning a future where both technology and tactics have evolved to create a new era of combat for the franchise. Based on plausible tech and extensive research, the narrative begins in the year 2054. The Atlas Corporation, a private military corporation (PMC), has emerged with the power to rescue humanity after a global attack on its military and infrastructure. Empowering players with an advanced arsenal with new weaponry, vehicles and high-tech gear, players can join the ranks of a highly-trained, specialized unit committed to restoring order.
For information on how to pre-order and pre-download check out the Xbox Wire.