Published on June 16th, 2016 | by admin
Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3 Tuesday, June 14 Recap
On Tuesday, 14 June from 4-5:00 PM PDT (15 June, 9:00AM-10:00AM AEST), Microsoft hosted the first of two episodes of its daily broadcast show from E3, “Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3.” Jessica Chobot and Julia Hardy joined Larry Hryb (Xbox Live’s Major Nelson) and Graeme Boyd (Xbox Live’s AceyBongos) to discuss some of the biggest happenings from the show. There were new reveals, lots of interviews, and a few surprises, so pull up a chair and watch the entirety of this first episode here – or jump to the following segments at these timestamps:
- [03:13] Welcome! – Larry, Jessica, and Julia reviewed some of the announcements from Monday’s Xbox E3 2016 Briefing, and discussed what they’re most looking forward to so far.
- [06:33] Gears of War 4 – The Coalition’s Rod Fergusson met with Graeme to debut new footage from Gears of War 4, discuss new additions to the series, reveal lessons from the multiplayer beta, and ogle the all-new Xbox Elite Wireless Controller – Gears of War 4 Limited Edition.
- [13:40] Scalebound – Hideki Kamiya, the Creative Director of Scalebound and Jean Pierre Kellams, Scalebound Creative Producer joined Larry and Julia to discuss changes from last year’s showing of this amazing dragon-themed game, dropped some hints about what we can expect to see in the future, and revealed some details about co-op play.
- [19:25] VRV – We featured the world debut of VRV, an all-new streaming app for Xbox Live arriving this fall. With channels like Nerdist, Geek & Sundry, Crunchy Roll, and Rooster Teeth, VRV will stream awesome content directly to your Xbox One. Crunchyroll’s Kun Gao and Rooster Teeth’s Burnie Burns joined Jessica to share more details.
- [25:57] ID@Xbox – We took a quick look at some of the amazing-looking games hitting ID@Xbox in the coming months.
- [27:20] Titanfall 2 – Vince Zampella, Founder & CEO of Respawn Entertainment joined us to talk about the single-player campaign in Titanfall 2, to share what to expect from the evolution of the series’ multiplayer, and to discuss some of the pilots’ and Titans’ new abilities.
- [33:23] Xbox Live – Larry sat down with Mike Ybarra, Director of Program Management for Xbox, to go in-depth on some of the new features coming to Xbox later this year, including Clubs, Looking for Group, and Arena.
- [37:58] Dead Rising 4 – Joe Nickolls, Studio Head of Capcom Vancouver, joined Graeme and Julia to talk about some of the insane zombie-smashing gameplay in Dead Rising 4. They discussed the return of Frank and chatted about some of his new gear and abilities. Keep an eye out for a very special guest, too!
- [43:01] Killer Instinct 3 – Graeme was joined by Rukari Austin, the Community Manager for Killer Instinct 3 for an exclusive trailer and live gameplay session – as well as a look at KI’s newest character: Gears of War’s General Raam! Oh, and would anyone be interested in a $100,000 Killer Instinct tourney?
- [47:06] Halo Wars 2 – We took a second look at the amazing trailer for Halo Wars 2, first shown at Monday’s Xbox E3 2016 Briefing, and checked out some gameplay footage.
- [50:01] Phil Spencer – Head of Xbox Phil Spencer sat down with Jessica for a live interview, talked about the biggest moments from the Xbox briefing, and answered fans’ top questions.
- [55:35] 1m Gamerscore – Achievement unlocked! Matt Kelly joined the elite crew of gamers with a Gamerscore of 1 million, and met with Phil and Mike Ybarra to discuss the power of Xbox Live.
- [58:22] Free Stuff! – Graeme and Larry returned to wrap up the show – and hand out an exclusive new item for your Xbox Live Avatar!
We hope you enjoyed the show! Be sure to tune in today at 4PM PDT (9AM AEST) for the next episode of Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3, check out the Xbox YouTube page for the links.