Published on March 15th, 2023 | by Adrian Gunning
WWE 2K23 Featuring WarGames and More is Available Now!
2K have announced the Icon Edition and Deluxe Edition of WWE® 2K23, the newest instalment of the flagship WWE video game franchise developed by Visual Concepts, are available now worldwide for PlayStation® 5 (PS5™), PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. The Standard Edition and Cross-Gen will be available on Friday, March 17, 2023. All editions feature different images of 16-time World Champion, Hollywood icon, record-setting philanthropist, and WWE 2K23 Executive Soundtrack Producer, John Cena.
“With each iteration of the WWE 2K franchise, our team strives to add and improve features that players will love,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “We’re very proud of the work that we’ve done on WWE 2K23 and the ‘You Can’t Beat Me’ Showcase, WarGames, enhancements to existing modes, and general look and feel of the game. It truly is ‘Even Stronger.’”
WWE 2K23 features an array of new features and improvements on existing fan-favourites:
- WarGames: The much-requested, chaotic and action-packed WarGames makes its debut in WWE 2K23 and delivers heart-pounding 3v3 and 4v4 single player or multiplayer mayhem inside two side-by-side rings, surrounded by a double-steel cage;
- “You Can’t Beat Me” 2K Showcase Starring John Cena: Conquering John Cena in the ring is an accolade few Superstars can claim. In an unprecedented twist on the 2K Showcase, players will step into the boots of several of Cena’s toughest competitors with one goal in mind: defeat the man who will “Never Give Up”. Spanning his 20-year WWE career and narrated by Cena himself, this interactive sports entertainment documentary uses 2K’s unique Slingshot Tech for a seamless transition from gameplay to live-action footage to bring pivotal moments in each match to life. Check out the official “Even Stronger” Showcase trailer here;
- MyFACTION: Now featuring online multiplayer action, the team-building mode in which players collect, manage, and upgrade an array of WWE Superstars and Legends to create their ultimate four-person factions returns.* Regular post-launch content in the form of scheduled Live Events will arrive year-round, offering a single-player experience with unique matchups curated by WWE 2K designers, as well as the new Pink Diamond card tier set to arrive post-launch. Players can collect multiple iterations and MyFACTION exclusive looks for favourite Superstars, from the most coveted historic looks to the most up-to-date changes happening on TV;
- MyGM: Boasting five new GMs, including Xavier Woods, Tyler Breeze, Eric Bischoff, Kurt Angle, and Mick Foley, two new brands, including NXT 2.0 and WCW, seven new match types, more titles, endless play with multiple Seasons and Seasonal Challenges, Hall of Fame progression, shake-ups that can change the way a GM approaches booking their show, and a new cast of enhancement talent, all for up to four players. Check out a first look at MyGM from Woods and Breeze on WWE’s UpUpDownDown YouTube show here;
- Universe: In the ultimate WWE Universe sandbox that puts players in charge of their own version of WWE, a new and improved story system gives users control over rivalries like never before. Winning matches gains momentum, as players build rivalries and decide how their story is told;
- Creation Suite: A signature feature of the WWE 2K franchise, the creation suite returns with cross-platform community creations, including the ability to design custom Superstars, GMs, arenas, entrances, move sets, championships and more. Custom arenas are now playable online, and advanced customisation has been added to created entrances, as well as visual improvements to Create-a-Superstar models and hundreds of new parts;
- MyRISE: Aspiring Superstars walk through the curtain for their WWE debut in MyRISE and shape their career with the decisions made along the way in two unique storylines: The Lock and The Legacy. Featuring the ability to import custom created Superstars, players journey from the humble beginnings of a Rookie, to being immortalised as a WWE Legend;
- Even Stronger and Better Looking Roster: WWE 2K23 features a roster of 201 new and returning Superstars, including Cody Rhodes, Roman Reigns, Queen Zelina, Undertaker, Bron Breakker, Chyna, Roxanne Perez, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rhea Ripley, Drew McIntyre, Cora Jade, Bianca Belair, Carmelo Hayes and many more**! Plus Ruthless Aggression versions of John Cena, Batista, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar included in the Deluxe Edition and Icon Edition***. All Superstars have an improved appearance. The full roster list is available here;
- New Pin Kick-out Mechanic: In addition to the classic button-mashing method, a new pin kick-out mechanic is available, providing more accessibility and an alternative option for players who prefer strategic timing;
- Bad Bunny Bonus Pack: Global music phenom Bad Bunny – Billboard’s Top Artist of the Year and one of the most streamed artists in the world for 2022 – makes his WWE 2K debut****. Watch Bad Bunny in action in the WWE 2K23 Bad Bunny Pre-Order Bonus Trailer here.
- DLC Galore: Fan-favourite Superstars Bray Wyatt, The O.C., The Steiner Brothers, Zeus, Wade Barrett, and Eve Torres headline five packs of regular content updates through August, with a total count of 24 new Superstars coming post-launch.
WWE 2K23 Editions and Pre-Order Bonus
WWE 2K23 features four editions of the game: Standard Edition, Cross-Gen, Deluxe Edition, and Icon Edition:
- The Standard Edition will be available March 17 for $99.95 on previous-gen platforms (PS4, Xbox One consoles), $89.95 on PC and for $119.95 on current-gen consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X|S) in both physical and digital formats;
- The Cross-Gen edition will be available digitally March 17 for $119.95 on PlayStation and Xbox consoles. The Cross-Gen edition includes the Standard Edition across previous and current-gen platforms within the same console family and the same PlayStation or Xbox account*****;
- The Deluxe Edition is available now for $149.95 for PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One in both physical and digital formats, and on PC in digital format. The Deluxe Edition includes the Standard Edition, Bad Bunny Bonus Pack, plus a Season Pass to all five post-launch DLC content packs******; the MyRISE Mega-Boost and SuperCharger; Ruby John Cena MyFACTION Evo Card, Gold Edge MyFACTION Card, Emerald Bianca Belair MyFACTION Card, Gold Asuka MyFACTION Card, and three Basic Premium Launch MyFACTION Card Packs. The Deluxe Edition is available now, with players gaining access three days ahead of Standard and Cross-Gen Editions!;
- The Icon Edition is available now for $179.95 for PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC, featuring original cover art by renowned WWE-inspired artist Rob Schamberger. In addition to the Standard Edition and all bonus content included in the Deluxe Edition, the Icon Edition includes the Ruthless Aggression Pack, celebrating 20 years of John Cena’s WWE career by featuring John Cena’s early “Prototype” character, as well as “Leviathan” Batista, developmental rookie versions of Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton, the John Cena Legacy Championship and WrestleMania 22 Arena. Additional bonus content includes an Emerald Paul Heyman MyFACTION Manager Card, and three Deluxe Premium Launch MyFACTION Card Packs. The Icon Edition is available now, days ahead of the Standard and Cross-Gen Editions!;
- Bad Bunny Bonus Pack Pre-Order Offer: Players who pre-order the Standard Edition and Cross-Gen Digital Bundle will receive the Bad Bunny Bonus Pack, which includes Bad Bunny as a playable character, as well as a Ruby tier Bad Bunny MyFACTION card. The Bad Bunny Bonus Pack is included in the Deluxe Edition and Icon Edition, available now.