Published on August 26th, 2021 | by Alex Novus
World War Z: Aftermath – Prepare for the zombie hordes
The next evolution of the hit co-op zombie shooter featuring new story episodes, game modes, and 4K|60 FPS action on next-gen systems
Sydney, Australia – 26th August 2021: Saber Interactive has revealed an all-new trailer for World War Z: Aftermath, the next evolution of the ultimate co-op zombie shooter inspired by Paramount Pictures’ blockbuster film, launching on 21st September 2021, for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One, with backwards compatibility on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X at 4K|60 FPS. World War Z: Aftermath is now available to pre-order at Australian retailers.
Powered by the next generation of Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine™, World War Z: Aftermath lets you play with up to three friends or on your own with AI teammates against hordes of ravenous zombies in two totally new story episodes set in the city of Rome including Vatican City, and in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka peninsula.
- New Battles from a World at War: Fend for your life and make a stand against the swarm in two thrilling new story episodes — take back Vatican City in an epic confrontation in Rome and join forces with survivors in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka region.
- New Ways to Fight: Decimate the undead with a brutal new melee system featuring two-handed and dual-wield weapons like the sickle, cleaver, fire axe and sledgehammer, and experience the heart-pounding immersion of Aftermath’s optional first-person mode.
- Deep Hero Progression: Level up eight unique classes, each with their own perks, including the new Vanguard-class, armed with an electrified shield that can plough through the horde with devastating efficiency. Customise your weapons and conquer new daily missions with special modifiers for bonus rewards.
- The Complete World War Z Experience: Aftermath includes all content from World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, including full episodes in New York, Moscow, Marseille, Jerusalem and Tokyo.
- Play With Friends Anywhere: Aftermath supports up to four-player co-op with full cross-play between consoles and PC, including the Epic Games Store and Steam.
- The Next Generation of Zombie Action: Play in glorious 4K|60 FPS on next-gen systems. Endure hundreds more zombies on screen than ever before possible in the new Horde Mode XL, coming exclusively to PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X in a free post-launch update.
The true next-generation edition of World War Z: Aftermath will officially launch on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X in 2022 with a free upgrade and additional enhancements, including the new Horde Mode XL.