Published on July 30th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
World War Z: Aftermath – New battles await
Saber Interactive has released a new Gameplay Overview Trailer for World War Z: Aftermath, breaking down all the content coming to this next evolution of the ultimate co-op zombie shooter inspired by Paramount Pictures’ blockbuster film. Experience new story episodes, melee combat, first-person mode, a new class with electrified weaponry, full cross-play on consoles and PC, and more.
Powered by the next generation of Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine™, World War Z: Aftermath lets you play with up to three friends or on your own with AI teammates against hordes of ravenous zombies in two huge and totally new story episodes set in the city of Rome and Russia’s Kamchatka peninsula.
- New Battles from a World at War: Fend for your life and make a stand against the swarm in two thrilling new story episodes — take back Vatican City in an epic confrontation in Rome, and join forces with survivors in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka region.
- New Ways to Fight: Decimate the undead with a brutal new melee system featuring two-handed and dual-wield weapons like the sickle, cleaver, fire axe and sledgehammer, and experience the heart-pounding immersion of Aftermath’s optional first-person mode.
- Deep Hero Progression: Level up eight unique classes, each with its own perks, including the new Vanguard-class, armed with an electrified shield that can plough through the horde with devastating efficiency. Customise your weapons and conquer new daily missions with special modifiers for bonus rewards.
- The Next Generation of Zombie Action: Play in glorious 4K|60 FPS on next-gen systems. Endure hundreds of more zombies on screen than ever before possible in the new Horde Mode XL, coming exclusively to PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S in a free post-launch update.
- The Complete World War Z Experience: Aftermath includes all content from World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, including full episodes in New York, Moscow, Marseille, Jerusalem and Tokyo – altogether 23 total PVE maps across 7 massive episodes, an amazing wealth of content.
- Play With Friends Anywhere: Aftermath supports up to four-player co-op with full cross-play between consoles and PC, including Steam and the Epic Games Store. Or play solo with AI teammates so that you don’t have to rely on friends or strangers to continue the story.
World War Z: Aftermath will launch this spring on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One, with backwards compatibility on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S at 4K|60 FPS. In 2022, World War Z: Aftermath will officially launch on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S with a free next-generation upgrade and additional enhancements, including the new Horde Mode XL.