Sydney, Australia, August 20, 2013 –Yahoo!7 this week announced the availability of its catch-up TV service PLUS7 on iOS devices.
PLUS7 offers video streaming full-length episodes of Channel Seven programs such as Home and Away, The X Factor, Winners and Losers, and Better Homes and Gardens. PLUS7 also offers over 100 hours of 3rd party content including Dawson’s Creek, An Idiot Abroad, Life’s Too Short and The Fuzz.
PLUS7, which initially launched on desktop in 2010, is Australia’s number one ad-supported catch-up TV service and is visited by 1.2 million people every month enabling 24.2 million streams this year to date.
Since launching on Friday, August 16, PLUS7 has risen in the iOS free entertainment category sitting at number 1 for iPad (number 4 in all categories) and in the top 10 for iPhone. The launch of PLUS7 on iOS devices follows the successful launch in March on Samsung apps, including having PLUS7 preloaded on selected smartphone and Samsung GALAXY devices.
A recent study of PLUS7 users* found that PLUS7 drives incremental reach to the broadcast television audience for a television show.
· 60% of people watching on PLUS7 had not seen the episode before
· Nearly half (48%) were watching on PLUS7 as they had missed the chance to see the episode on broadcast.
· 70% of people said they were ‘definitely’ or ‘very likely’ to watch future episodes on broadcast television
To download the new PLUS7 app go to: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/mobile/get-the-app/
* Source: Video on demand / Plus7 Survey May 2013, Audience: All Respondents, n = 1609
* Internet connection required. Data and subscription charges may apply. Content is subject to availability.