Published on September 14th, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden | Out Now
HARNESS THE POWER OF MONSTERS IN VOICE OF CARDS: THE BEASTS OF BURDEN – NOW AVAILABLE
The Third Entry in the Voice of Cards Franchise Makes its Launch Debut for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 and PC via Steam
Square Enix Ltd., today announced that the latest standalone addition to the unique Voice of Cards card-based RPG franchise, Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden™, is now available digitally for the Nintendo Switch™ system, PlayStation®4 (PS4™) console and PC via Steam®. Following the release of Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars™ and Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden™, fans can now enjoy a third turn-based adventure in the Voice of Cards franchise told entirely through the medium of cards.
To view the announcement trailer, visit: https://youtu.be/Sta3GwzCVkI
Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden brings players to an illustrated world presented through the medium of cards as the third release in the Voice of Cards franchise, now giving players the ability to trap the monsters they defeat in cards to use them as skills in battle. Follow a new tale set in a world where a millennia of hatred rages between monsters and humans, and a girl who loses her home swears revenge on monsters. She joins hands with a mysterious boy as they set out into the unknown and unravel the fate of this broken world.
Players can now enjoy this truly unique gaming experience, brought to life by the creative minds behind the previous Voice of Cards games, beloved NieR™ series and Drakengard® series, including: Creative Director, YOKO TARO (Drakengard series, NieR series), Music Director, Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard 3, NieR series) and Character Designer, Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series).
Fans of YOKO TARO can purchase a Digital Deluxe Edition set*, which includes the Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden game and several DLC items styled after the award-winning mobile RPG, NieR Re[in]carnation, including:
- Decoration of Those in the Cage – New costumes for the game’s heroine and her companions**
- Handbook Pattern – Card reverse patterned after an expert handbook**
- Mama Avatar – Avatar designed patterned after Mama
- Story Collectors’ Dice – Dice patterned after Mama and Carrier**
- The Cage Board – Board and accessories patterned after the Cage***
- Aid Table – Table patterned after the random draw screen**
- Melody of reincarnation – A soundtrack that brings to mind a certain tale of the girl and the monster**
- Pixel Art Set – Replaces all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art**