Published on March 16th, 2017 | by admin
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, The Amnesiac Haku Is an Unlikely Hero
The main character of Mask of Deception is a mysterious amnesiac who has no idea how he woke up into a world populated with monstrous creatures and people with beastlike features. All he knows is that he’s been named Haku by a beautiful girl named Kuon, and that he’s stuck in this place for the long haul. Eventually, he gets dragged into a war between Uzurusha and the mighty Empire of Yamato, and must fight to defend the innocent civilians caught in the crossfire. He may not be the strongest fighter, but he’s a brilliant strategist who must use his mind against his enemies’ brawn. Oh, and he’s pretty deadly with a fan too.
Plus, the game will be receiving two new DLC characters that can help during battles. The sword wielding Tamaki and spear thrusting Sasara will be available for purchase when the game launches on May 23. Details below:
- Sasara Samurai Costume
- Sasara Swimsuit Costume
- Tamaki Samurai Costume
- Tamaki Swimsuit Costume
- Costume Set
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Key Features
- An Unforgettable Story – Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we’ll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
- An Active SRPG Battle System – Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or vital dodges/blocks.
- Fully Fleshed Out Combat – Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It’ll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
- Breathtaking Art – With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
- Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score – The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth will both be available physically for PlayStation®4 in Australia. Mask of Deception will release on May 23, and the game’s direct sequel, Mask of Truth will release later in the year with English text and the original Japanese audio. For both games, the PS4 version will be ($69.95)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Key Facts
Release: 23 May 2017
Genre: Visual Novel/RPG
Age Rating: CTC
Languages: English text and Japanese voice only