Published on June 16th, 2015 | by admin
UBISOFT® UNVEILS JUST DANCE® 2016 AND SMARTPHONES BECOME THE CONTROLLER
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA – June 16, 2015 – Today, at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Ubisoft® announced Just Dance® 2016, the latest installment in the best-selling* music game franchise of all time. Just Dance 2016 will be released on October 22, 2015 in Australia / New Zealand on all motion-control gaming platforms, including Nintendo’s Wii™ and Wii U™ system, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system. Just Dance 2016 will feature tracks from artists like Jason Derulo, Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars, Meghan Trainor, Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman and Lady Gaga.
To help announce Just Dance 2016 at Ubisoft’s press conference, pop star Jason Derulo performed “Want To Want Me,” his track from the game. The song marks his fourth no.1 pop airplay single and the 11th platinum single for the hit-maker.
The free Just Dance Controller App enables players on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Wii U to use their Apple, Android, or Windows Phone devices to play the game without any peripherals or added console cameras. The app transforms the player’s phone into a motion sensor that tracks the accuracy of their moves and allows them to navigate through the game.
“The resurgence in the music games genre has been thrilling to watch in the lead up to E3 and we’re as optimistic as ever about the future of music gaming,” said Jason Altman, Executive Producer. “Last year Just Dance franchise sales reached 54 million units, and we’re very proud to make a game that is loved by so many. We work to make the game as accessible as possible, and this year, the new Just Dance Controller App will make the game available to millions of new players.”
Introduced this year, Just Dance Unlimited is a new subscription streaming service available for new-gen owners that allows players on Just Dance 2016 to access exclusive songs and the best tracks from previous Just Dance games. By subscribing to Just Dance Unlimited, players will enjoy more than 150 songs at launch and more throughout the year.
Just Dance 2016 also brings back fan-favorite features like Sweat & Playlists, along with all-new game modes exclusive to new-gen consoles, including:
• Dance Quests Mode: Players can unlock dance quests for a chance to “beat the game” for the first time ever. In each quest, players will play a series of three songs for a chance to advance to the next set of dance quest challenges.
• Dance Party Mode: In the Dance Party mode, players can dance along with their friends and family in the classic rival mode or dance together to get the highest collective score as a group in the first ever co-op mode.
• World Video Challenge: The all-new World Video Challenge allows players to send videos of their performances to challenge friends from all around the world and dance to their scores as if they were in the same room!
With more than 40 new tracks ranging from Billboard hits to classic throwback favourites, everyone in the entire family will have a favourite track to dance to. Just Dance 2016 tracks revealed at E3 include:
• “Want to Want Me” by Jason Derulo
• “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars
• “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor
• “Hey Mama” by David Guetta Ft. Nicki Minaj, Afrojack & Bebe Rexha
• “Animals” by Martin Garrix
• “Blame” by Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman
• “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga
• “Gibberish” by MAX
• “Hangover (BaBaBa)” by Buraka Som Sistema
• “I Gotta Feeling” by The Black Eyed Peas
• “Ievan Polkka” by Hatsune Miku
• “Let’s Groove” by Equinox Stars
• “William Tell – Overture” by Rossini
For the latest information on Just Dance 2016, on the Just Dance Controller app, including information on our upcoming demo, please visit: www.justdancegame.com. Follow Just Dance on Twitter.com/JustDanceGame and use hashtag #JustDance2016.
* Data from NPD Institute in NCSA and from GfK Institute in EMEA – April 2015