Published on September 18th, 2020 | by Alex Novus
Two New Entries In The Monster Hunter Series Coming To Nintendo Switch
The Monster Hunter series is hitting new heights with MONSTER HUNTER RISE, a new entry in the storied series, headed to Nintendo Switch on 26th March, 2021. In this new game, players will possess the ability to rise above the world, using special creatures to scale cliffs and vault high above the magnificent terrain around them. Capcom’s MONSTER HUNTER RISE was featured in the latest Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase video presentation, alongside many other exciting games from Nintendo’s development and publishing partners. The presentation can be viewed by visiting Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase September 2020.
Another Monster Hunter game announced during the presentation, MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin, tasks players to become a Monster Rider and embark on an RPG adventure filled with popular monsters from the series. Both titles were featured in a follow-up Monster Hunter Direct which can be viewed by watching Monster Hunter Direct – 17.09.2020.
In addition to the Monster Hunter reveals, a wide array of other Nintendo Switch games from development and publishing partners was detailed in the video presentation, including Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny, a new entry in the fan-favourite tactical RPG series; Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise, a new way to get active on Nintendo Switch; and Ori and the Will of the Wisps, a sequel to the action-packed platformer Ori and the Blind Forest, which is available now!
Some of the highlights revealed in the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase and the Monster Hunter spotlight video include:
- MONSTER HUNTER RISE: This latest entry in the action-RPG series finds players battling fearsome monsters and scaling new heights. Prepare to be transported to the colourful Kamura Village, a new serene mountain locale where players will experience unique culture and innovative hunting technologies. Using a special insect called a Wirebug, hunters will be able to grapple themselves in any direction, making it possible to scale towering cliffs and structures. All combat areas within each quest are seamlessly connected, allowing for exploration of the vast and vertical landscape with no loading time. MONSTER HUNTER RISE launches for Nintendo Switch on 26th March 2021 with a suggested retail price of AU$79.95. A digital-only Deluxe Edition will also be available, which will offer the full game plus the Deluxe Kit DLC pack, which provides bonus in-game content such as a “Kamurai” full layered armour set, exclusive gestures, cosmetic items and more. Both the standard and Deluxe editions of MONSTER HUNTER RISE are available for digital pre-order via Nintendo eShop from today. Pre-ordering either version will unlock bonus in-game items like layered armour and more. Players will be able to get even more in-game extras with Monster Hunter amiibo accessories*. Furthermore, a Collector’s Edition of MONSTER HUNTER RISE will launch alongside the game on 26th March 2021. It will include a physical copy of the game, a download code for the Deluxe Kit DLC pack, a Magnamalo amiibo, a “Kamura Mark” pin badge and a sticker pack.
- MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin: Currently in development, MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin puts players in the role of a Monster Rider who befriends iconic monsters from the Monster Hunter series, as they embark on epic adventures together. More information about this story-based role-playing game coming to Nintendo Switch in winter 2021 will be revealed in the future.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps: The little spirit Ori is no stranger to peril, but when a fateful flight puts the owlet Ku in harm’s way, it will take more than bravery to bring a family back together, heal a broken land and discover Ori’s true destiny. From Moon Studios, the creators of the acclaimed action-platformer Ori and the Blind Forest comes a new adventure in a vast, vibrant world filled with new friends and foes that come to life in stunning, hand-painted artwork. Set to a fully orchestrated original score, Ori and the Will of the Wisps continues the Moon Studios tradition of tightly crafted platforming action and deeply emotional storytelling. Ori and the Will of the Wisps is available now for Nintendo Switch for AU$45.00 / NZ$49.99.
- Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise: The sequel to Fitness Boxing has entered the ring! Grab the Joy-Con controllers, select the music and courses, and get to a variety of boxing exercises! Players can pick any one of nine instructors, each with their own distinctive personality, with three making their debut in the game: Karen, Janice and Hiro. As players continue exercising, their bond with the instructors will grow. Players can even customize their outfits, providing more variety to their workouts. Features include a two-player mode, an alarm function and the ability to remove certain boxing actions. Save data can even be carried over from the first Fitness Boxing game! Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise launches on Nintendo Switch on 4th December with a suggested retail price of AU$69.95.
- Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny: As a result of Super Reincarnation, the boastful zombie Zed gets stronger the more he dies! By reincarnating their way through a variety of worlds, players will face off against the strongest God of Destruction. Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny marks the first time the series uses 3D models, with vibrant characters full of personality and the return of the series’ over-the-top battle system. Get ready for an experience that defies common sense, genre, and destiny when Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny comes exclusively to Nintendo Switch in winter 2021. But the Disgaea news doesn’t stop there: Beginning 23rd September at 6:00pm AEST / 8:00pm NZST and running until 29th September at 11:59pm local time, the full version of Disgaea 5 Complete will be free to play in a limited-time Game Trial event, exclusively for Nintendo Switch Online members.
- Hades: Defy the god of the dead in this Greek mythology-inspired dungeon crawler. Thousands of story events and ability combinations ensure a unique experience each time players hack and slash their way out of the Underworld, wielding the powers and mythical weapons of Olympus to aid in their escape. Hades is available now for Nintendo Switch with a suggested retail price of AU$37.50 / NZ$41.25.
- Empire of Sin: In this new strategy game, players enter the criminal underworld of Prohibition-era Chicago in the 1920s. It’s up to players to hustle, charm and intimidate their way to the top of the pile and do whatever it takes to stay there. Empire of Sin launches for Nintendo Switch on 2nd December with a suggested retail price of AU$60.00 and is available for pre-order now.
- Sniper Elite 4: Across the largest and most diverse environments ever seen in a Sniper Elite game, players can look forward to series-defining ballistics, tense stealth and third-person action. Sniper Elite 4 launches for Nintendo Switch this summer.
- PGA TOUR 2K21: The fairway is open in PGA TOUR 2K21! Play against the in-game pros on visually stunning real-life courses, hit the links with friends locally and online**, or run full seasons and tournaments with Online Societies. Design and share your ultimate golf course using tons of custom options with the Course Designer. The digital version of PGA TOUR 2K21 is now available in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, with the physical version of the game launching on 25th September.
- The Long Dark: In this exploration-survival game, players are on their own as they journey through a frozen wilderness in the aftermath of a geomagnetic disaster. A chilling narrative awaits players in the WINTERMUTE Story Mode, or they can choose to enjoy hours of permadeath gameplay in Survival Mode. Experience true survival on Nintendo Switch with The Long Dark, available now for AU$$45.00 / NZ$49.50.
- BALAN WONDERWORLD: As Leo and Emma, players will don costumes to wield a variety of abilities. A costume with a gear ability, for example, lets players rotate gears to open doors or access new paths. There are more than 80 costumes to find, with the ability to carry up to three at once. Change between costumes to collect crystals and Statues scattered throughout stages. A two-player mode is also available! By combining costume abilities with friends, players may be able to reach new locations. BALAN WONDERWORLD will make its grand entrance on Nintendo Switch on 26th March, 2021.
- Rune Factory 5: Build a new life amidst a grand adventure in this heart-warming RPG. As a young man or woman with no memories, players will get a fresh start in the rural town of Rigbarth as a peacekeeping ranger. In addition to protecting the town, players’ day-to-day lives will include harvesting crops, fishing in the river and participating in local festivals. They may even find a special someone to start dating, fall in love with…and get married to! A new battle system allows players to perform combo attacks with allies to take down monsters. Begin life anew in a fantasy world when Rune Factory 5 launches on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
Details about the next Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase will be revealed in the future.
The latest Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase revealed MONSTER HUNTER RISE, a new entry in Capcom’s action-RPG series that will launch for Nintendo Switch on 26th March 2021, as well as MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin, an epic RPG adventure featuring iconic monsters from the Monster Hunter series, also coming to Nintendo Switch in winter 2021. Both titles were given a more in-depth look in a follow-up Monster Hunter Direct that aired directly after the main presentation. Other highlights from the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase included Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Disgaea 6 and Fitness Boxing 2.