Published on October 30th, 2020 | by Adrian Gunning
Touch Down On A World Rich In Adventure In Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Out Now On Nintendo Switch
Take control of three brave explorers on a mission to save their world in Pikmin 3 Deluxe, available now for Nintendo Switch. Along the way, our heroes will be joined by an army of the adorable Pikmin – tiny ant-like creatures that come in a variety of colourful types, each with its own unique set of abilities. With the full story now playable in two-player co-op, brand new prologue and epilogue missions and an unlockable “Ultra Spicy” difficulty mode, Pikmin 3 Deluxe is a grand adventure with plenty to offer both series veterans and newcomers alike. Budding explorers can also experience the game’s Story and Mission modes in a free demo version of the game, available to download from Nintendo eShop.
The Pikmin series blends action, strategy and puzzle elements, with a charming visual style all of its own. Take a look at the The Night Juicer – Pikmin Short Movie, Treasure in a Bottle – Pikmin Short Movie and Occupational Hazards – Pikmin Short Movie videos for three CG-animated shorts that offer a deeper insight into the Pikmin and their world.
Pikmin 3 debuted on Wii U and is now making the leap to Nintendo Switch. Pikmin 3 Deluxe includes all the content that was released as DLC for the Wii U version, along with the following new additions:
- Two-player Co-op: Journey through the main story in two-player co-op on the same console.
- Side Stories: Take on brand new prologue and epilogue stories starring Olimar and Louie, the heroes of Pikmin and Pikmin 2. The side stories can also be enjoyed in two-player co-op.
- Quality of life improvements: Expand your exploration with an enhanced lock-on targeting system, optional hints and more.
- More Difficulty Options: There are now multiple difficulty options allowing everyone to enjoy Pikmin 3 Deluxe at their own pace. “Normal” is an easier mode that may be perfect for new players to enjoy, whereas at the other end of the scale, the unlockable “Ultra-Spicy” mode will offer a stern test for even the most seasoned explorers.
- Piklopedia: Study up on every single creature you encounter and unlock profile entries for each character.
- Achievement Badges: Prove yourself a master explorer by earning badges for completing various feats.
Take command of a crop of tiny creatures and explore a hostile planet in Pikmin 3 Deluxe, available now for Nintendo Switch. A free demo version of the game is also available to download via Nintendo eShop.