Published on December 4th, 2019 | by Adrian Gunning
Thrustmaster | A very special 10th anniversary release…
Having set the gold standard for flight simmers far and wide for 10 years now, Thrustmaster is thrilled to announce the launches of the HOTAS Magnetic Base and the F-16C Viper™ HOTAS Add-On Grip — both derived from the world-famous HOTAS Warthog™ Flight Stick — to celebrate the release of the eagerly-anticipated DCS: F-16C Viper module.
HOTAS Magnetic Base
Thrustmaster is now giving members of its flight sim community the opportunity to totally customize and build their own dream setup from the ground up, thanks to the launch of a standalone version of its beloved HOTAS Magnetic Base for the very first time ever. The ability to purchase the base on its own gives simmers a level of adaptability that they’ve only been able to dream about until now, allowing them to use any of their favorite Thrustmaster add-on flight sticks (sold separately) with the base — and ushering in a brand-new era of optimized, fully customizable flight experiences for each and every user. The HOTAS Magnetic Base also proudly sports an eye-catching logo paying homage to the HOTAS Warthog™ Flight Stick’s 10th anniversary, sure to appeal both to collectors and old-school simmers looking to give their flight setup a dramatic instant upgrade.
HOTAS Magnetic Base key features:
- Detachable metal plate for desk or cockpit-style use, with special 10th anniversary graphic.
- The base features H.E.A.R.T Hall Effect AccuRate Technology, with 3D (Hall Effect) magnetic sensors for surgical precision that won’t decrease over time.
- Super stable weighted base (weighs more than 4.4 lb / 2 kg without a flight stick grip installed).
- The base is compatible with all flight simulation games.
- Compatible on PC with the following Thrustmaster flight stick grips: HOTAS Cougar™, HOTAS Warthog™, F-16C Viper™ and F/A-18C Hornet™.
F-16C Viper™ HOTAS Add-On Grip
The availability of the Thrustmaster F-16C Viper™ HOTAS Add-On Grip, a life-size (1:1 scale) namesake replica of the real F-16C Viper™ flight stick, coincides with the recent early-access launch of the F-16C Viper module in the legendary DCS combat flight simulation game.
Inspired by the incredible success of the HOTAS Warthog™ Flight Stick (still the benchmark against which all other joysticks are judged), the grip integrates perfectly — and natively — with the DCS: F-16C Viper module, specially designed to replicate in minute detail the strike fighter aircraft whose outstanding versatility continues to make it a favorite of air forces around the globe. The real-world F-16C Viper™ is a supersonic multirole fighter jet in large-scale production, featuring renowned adaptability to meet the demands of a wide variety of different combat situations.
This is certainly an exciting chance for members of Thrustmaster’s community to once again access the very best in terms of flight sim quality and feel currently available, in order to truly get the most out of the breathtaking gaming experience delivered by this new DCS module that simmers everywhere can’t stop raving about.
F-16C Viper™ HOTAS Add-On Grip key features:
- Life-size (1:1 scale) replica of the real F-16C Viper™ flight stick.
- 100% metal design incorporating durable, industrial-grade materials for an authentic feel and maximum product lifespan.
- 19 action buttons in total, plus one 8-way “point of view” hat switch.
- Native integration in the game DCS via the dedicated DCS: F-16C Viper module (game and module sold separately).
- Backward-compatible with the two key joystick bases in Thrustmaster’s revered flight simulation ecosystem: HOTAS Warthog™ and HOTAS Cougar™ (sold separately). Easily place the grip on your HOTAS Warthog™ or HOTAS Cougar™ base!
Although the product is of course compatible with all of the most popular flight simulation games, the F-16C Viper™ HOTAS Add-On Grip above all represents a real extension of the DCS: F-16C Viper module, for which — and this bears repeating — it features native integration!
“The Thrustmaster F-16C Viper™ HOTAS Add-On Grip is my stick of choice for the DCS: F-16C Viper module. It feels and operates just like the real F-16C control stick, and it has exceptional quality, price, and durability.”
— Matt “Wags” Wagner
Executive Producer, Eagle Dynamics
Some important information to keep in mind regarding the launches of the HOTAS Magnetic Base and the F-16C Viper™ HOTAS Add-On Grip:
- Pre-orders begin:
- January 15, 2020 on the Thrustmaster e-Shop
- January 15, 2020 worldwide
- Commercial availability: February 28, 2020
- HOTAS Magnetic Base suggested retail price: £119.99; €129.99; $159.99
- F-16C Viper™ HOTAS Add-On Grip suggested retail price: £169.99; €179.99; $229.99