Published on September 7th, 2018 | by admin
This week at Bungie, the hunt is on
Players from around the world have said their final goodbyes to Cayde-6 and are hunting for Uldren Sov and his Barons. They’re finding collectibles in the farthest corners of the Reef, and some Guardians have already become notorious in a new season of Crucible.
This launch has been a rollercoaster of emotions, and the team are thankful to share it with this community. Everyone at Bungie, High Moon Studios, and Vicarious Visions has been watching as you invade the lawless frontier. They thank you for playing, and for being heroes in the worlds we’ve built together.
New experiences and secrets have yet to be discovered, and some are still on the way. Season of the Outlaw has just started. The full calendar for year 2 content can be previewed in the roadmap that was released last week. The dust hasn’t even begun to settle.
Guardians have made their way to the Tangled Shore, and some of you have already reached the Dreaming City. The pursuit of powerful loot has taken hold, in preparation for new doors to open…
The race for World First is coming up soon. The field just got a little more competitive, with our new friends from Korea joining us on the starting line. This time, there’s more than just bragging rights on the line.
When “Last Wish” becomes available, the first fireteam of six to complete the raid will have the opportunity to acquire real-world trophies for each teammate, commemorating their accomplishments. They team will have more details next week, so stay tuned.
A Treat for Your Ears
Composers Michael Salvatori, Skye Lewin, Rotem Moax and Pieter Schlosser also have a few words for you as you continue your hunt in the Reef, accompanied by the music they’ve created.The Destiny 2: Forsaken original soundtrack is now available on the Bungie Store, and includes the Curse of Osiris and Warmind soundtracks. All purchases through November 23, 2018 in ANZ will also include the Pursuit of Dreams emblem.
Challenges and Resets
With the release of Destiny 2: Forsaken, challenges have become a new avenue for players to acquire powerful rewards. There are two types of challenges: daily and weekly. Now, these types behave a bit differently when it comes to resets.
Weekly challenges follow the weekly reset each Wednesday at 3 AM AEST.
Daily challenges, on the other hand, offer a unique challenge each day, and they reset every four days. Here are some examples:
- The first daily strike challenge was offered on Wednesday, September 5 in ANZ. So, the next daily strike challenge will arrive with a reset on Sunday, September 9 in ANZ.
- The first daily Gambit challenge was offered on Thursday, September 6 in ANZ. So, the next daily Gambit challenge will arrive with a reset on Monday, September 10 in ANZ.
- However, players will retain daily challenges until they’re completed.
- If a player completes the daily strike challenge on Saturday, September 8 in ANZ, the challenge will be offered once more on Sunday, September 9 in ANZ.
- If a player does not complete the daily strike challenge by Sunday, September 9 in ANZ, they will not receive a duplicate challenge. Instead, the challenge will be reset and progress will be cleared.
Movie of the Week
Last Saturday (September 1), Gambit was made available to all. It was a blast seeing players take their first footsteps through an invasion portal. Thanks to all who jumped in and took the mode for a spin before launch! That said, let’s get to watching some sweet clips. Never forget, DEATH HEALS PRIMEVAL.
- Movie of the Week: IT’S A TRAP!
- Honorable Mention: Don’t Get Comfortable with That Lead
- Honorable Mention: Fowl Play
If you’d like a chance to earn the Lens of Fate emblem, make sure to submit your video to the Creations page on Bungie.net and include #MOTW in your title.
A few weeks back, the team sent out a thank-you to some of the community artists. To see players bring their Guardians to life through content that’s handcrafted is always a pleasure. To further cement our appreciation for these talented Guardians, the team has crafted their own gift of gratitude. Starting today, any artists who are featured in the Bungie Blog or through @Bungie on social media will be granted the Artist in Residence emblem.
For more information, head on over to Bungie.net.