Published on September 24th, 2021 | by Andrew Bistak
The Wait Is Over, Detective… Disco Elysium – The Final Cut Comes To Nintendo Switch
ZA/UM has today confirmed that Disco Elysium – The Final Cut will be released on Nintendo Switch from October 12. This is not a port but a painstaking re-assembly of the critically acclaimed game for the detective on the go, including a redesigned user interface experience for portable gaming, font scaling options, improved legibility across the board and all quality-of-life enhancements from previous iterations. This definitive edition of the multi award-winning smash hit RPG is now available to pre-order via the Nintendo eShop for £34.99 UK / $39.99 USD / €39.99 EUR.
ZA/UM has also launched a dedicated website for Disco Elysium – The Final Cut on Nintendo Switch: switch.discoelysium.com
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut is the definitive edition of the ground-breaking, multi award-winning open world role playing game with an insane amount of choice and consequence. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murder cases, or take bribes. Become the hero, prophet, madman, the greatest detective the world has ever seen… or an absolute disaster of a human being.
The Final Cut brings the residents of Revachol to vibrant life with the inclusion of one million professionally voice acted words by actors from all over the world, as well as adding brand new political vision quests. Explore unseen areas, encounter an expanded cast of memorable citizens, and leave an even bigger mark on the world, all with ‘quality of life’ gameplay enhancements and added replayability.
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut Enhancements
- New Political Vision Quests: Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- Full Voice Acting: All the city’s beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- Improved Playability: Full controller support and customization lets you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options.
- Real Role-Playing: Customize your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools – from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- Unprecedented Freedom: Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut on Nintendo Switch is available to pre-order now from Nintendo.
ZA/UM and iam8bit will release a Nintendo Switch Collector’s Editions of Disco Elysium – The Final Cut, now available for pre-order for $249.99 from here. The collector’s edition features:
- Innovative ‘Layers of the Id’ premium box.
- Hand-painted ‘Mid Totem’ vinyl sculpture.
- 190+ page hardbound art book which includes oodles of previously unreleased art and stories.
- Physical edition Disco Elysium – The Final Cut with a reversible cover, housed in an elegant slipcase.