Published on January 13th, 2023 | by Adrian Gunning
THE FIRST MAJOR BOXING GAME IN A DECADE LAUNCHES INTO STEAM EARLY ACCESS ON JANUARY 31ST
Steel City Interactive (SCI) is proud to announce the Early Access start for Undisputed, the first major boxing title in a decade. Undisputed aims to be the most authentic boxing experience to date and will enter the Early Access phase on Steam on January 31st, 2023 (February 1st, 2023 AEDT)
Undisputed packs a punch with stunning visuals, a revolutionary footwork system and deep strategy. With over 60 different punches, voiceovers from legendary referees and commentators and support from the world of boxing, Undisputed intends to live up to its name and become the king of boxing games.
For the Early Access phase, the game will feature a roster of over 50 playable characters including Tyson Fury, Canelo Alvarez, Deontay Wilder, Katie Taylor and a fully-fledged women’s division across 6 unique fight locations, including a large arena, and Coldwell’s gym. Players can enjoy Undisputed offline against friends or AI opponents or they can go online to compete for a place on the leaderboards.
To ensure true authenticity of Undisputed, Sheffield-based developer Steel City Interactive is partnering with all the heavy-weight brands in boxing, including the World Boxing Council, the British Boxing Board of Control, Empire and many more.
- Revolutionary footwork mechanics, including a Loose Movement modifier to help players move around the ring with ease.
- More than 60 individual punches. Players can punch from multiple angles and directions. Feint to set up a trap and counter.
- All the tools needed to be a defensive wizard. Players can slip punches, weave, dodge and block.
- Physics-driven interactions – punches can sometimes go around or even through the guard.
- Up close and personal inside fighting like never before.
Players wanting to step into the ring can do so by signing up for the Early Access via the Undisputed Steam page here.