Published on February 26th, 2019 | by Admin
The Bard’s Tale Trilogy Now Complete & Available
With the inclusion of The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate and the promised Legacy Mode, players can now party like it is the 1980’s
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – Feb. 26, 2019 – inXile Entertainment, in partnership with Krome Studios, is proud to announce the release of The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate, which completes The Bard’s Tale Trilogy. The Bard’s Tale Trilogy is a complete remaster of the legendary series that helped define the RPG genre and features updated graphics and optional quality-of-life gameplay features.
The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate means players can now import their party across all three games, transforming the trilogy into one heroic journey across three volumes. Today’s release features the premiere of Legacy Mode, a series of toggle-able options that allow players to teleport back in time and play the game as if they were in the 1980s.
The Complete The Bard’s Tale Trilogy includes:
- Complete remasters of all three original The Bard’s Tale games (Tales of the Unknown, The Destiny Knight, and Thief of Fate)
- A uniform playing experience across all three titles without the need for emulation or compatibility concerns.
- Create a party in the first volume and play it across all three volumes to create a heroic narrative all your own.
- For the first time, play as male or female across all three games. Also includes other quality-of-life changes such as automapping for all three games, spell access, and updated equipment/inventory management.
- Updated art that holds true to the spirit of the originals, featuring never-before-used character art by series creator Michael Cranford!
- An opportunity for new players to experience the events that led to The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep and The Mage’s Tale!
The Bard’s Tale Trilogy was an ambitious undertaking for inXile and Krome, especially as no complete source code for the original games existed. Not only that, each game worked and looked differently depending on its platform, and each title was different in many ways from the others. Often times, it was discovered that features in some versions of the games were present but had no actual functionality. Development was an odyssey that, with the release of The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate, has preserved the legendary series for generations to come.
The Bard’s Tale Trilogy can be found here:
Thief of Fate launch trailer can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd6n8hoa6EU&feature=youtu.be