Published on November 3rd, 2016 | by admin
Symantec Unveils Future of Endpoint Security
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 Provides Multi-Layered Protection Including Advanced Machine Learning and Response Capabilities to Protect and Respond to Cyber Threats at the Endpoint
SYDNEY, Australia – November 3, 2016 – Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC), today announced Symantec Endpoint Protection 14, the next evolution in endpoint innovation from the leader in endpoint security. Powered by artificial intelligence on the endpoint and in the cloud, Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 is the industry’s first solution to fuse essential endpoint technologies with advanced machine learning and memory exploit mitigation in a single agent, delivering a multi-layered solution able to stop advanced threats and respond at the endpoint regardless of how the attack is launched.
Symantec Endpoint Protection delivers powerful protection in a lightweight package, building on industry-leading 99.9 percent efficacy, low false positives and a 70 percent reduced footprint over the previous generation through new advanced cloud lookup capabilities. Powered by combined threat intelligence capabilities made possible by integrating Symantec and Blue Coat’s security telemetry, Symantec now protects 175 million consumer and enterprise endpoints, 163 million email users, 80 million web proxy users, and processes nearly eight billion security requests across these products each day.
“Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 is a major development in endpoint protection, delivering the latest innovations in endpoint security on a single platform,” said Nick Savvides, Manager, Cyber Security Strategy, Symantec, Asia Pacific and Japan. “Multi-layered protection, enabled by artificial intelligence, backed by the world’s largest and most powerful threat intelligence force, and powered by the cloud – this is literally the smartest choice in endpoint technologies. Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 is an essential element of an integrated cyber defense strategy that enterprises require to combat today’s advanced threats.”
In 2015, Symantec reported more than 430 million new pieces of malware and expects that figure will grow. To defend against these advanced threats, and the pace, Symantec provides customers a single agent and management capabilities that addresses threats in new ways:
- Advanced machine learning powered by Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network provides a depth of knowledge no one else can claim.
- Integration with existing infrastructure through published APIs enables seamless management of thousands of endpoints in multiple locations and across diverse operating systems and platforms.
- Access to Symantec’s intelligent threat cloud technology reduces daily definition file updates by 70 percent, significantly reducing bandwidth use across the company network.
- Integration with Symantec Advanced Threat Protection solution to detect and respond to stealthy threats at the endpoint using a single agent.
- Simultaneous protection of customer endpoints and their networks with seamless integration of Symantec Endpoint Protection and Blue Coat Secure Web Gateway.
Pricing and availability
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 is available globally. More information can be viewed here.
With over 300,000 customers, Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network provides global visibility into the threat landscape through big data accumulated from more than 175 million endpoints.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Symantec has been recognised as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms¹
- Symantec Endpoint Protection has been recognised as a leader in the 2016 Forrester Wave for Endpoint Security Suites²
- SC Magazine Review: Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 was also reviewed by SC Magazine and given its highest ranking and recommended buy rating
- 2015 Best Protection Award from AV Test
- AAA ratings from SE Labs reviews of endpoint solutions