Published on October 28th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
Surviving the Aftermath Leaves Early Access on November 16 with Endgame Content Update
The end of the world is upon us! Surviving the Aftermath will launch November 16 on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch for a suggested retail price of $49.95. The game will be forward compatible with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, allowing players who purchase Surviving the Aftermath for last-gen consoles to experience the game on their new devices. Paradox also announced the Outback Radio Pack has been added to the Founder’s Edition; anyone who already owns the Founder’s Edition will get the radio pack as a free content update at launch. Steam users who want to participate in Early Access before launch can purchase Surviving the Aftermath at a 25% discount until November 1.
We’re kicking off 1.0 by blowing up a building – check out the explosive trailer: https://youtu.be/GacNAEX4p18 [youtu.be]
Surviving the Aftermath leaves Early Access alongside the launch of the Endgame update, adding a rich questline and late-game colony features. Players will uncover the secrets behind the apocalypse and prepare their colony to survive another doomsday event.
Build a thriving colony and restore civilisation to a devastated world in Paradox’s second installment in the Surviving series. Take up arms, fortify your gates, and fight against the hazards of the apocalypse – bandits, natural disasters, disease – all while making the tough choices needed to see your colony through to survival. Send Specialists beyond the colony’s gates to gather resources, meet rival colonies, build outposts, and more, securing the colony’s future. Equip your Specialists with armour and weapons to defend the colony from attacking bandits and rampaging wildlife.
“After 20 major content updates focused on expanding gameplay mechanics and addressing player feedback, Surviving the Aftermath has evolved greatly from the version of the game that launched into Early Access two years ago,” said Lasse Liljedahl, Game Director for Surviving the Aftermath “I don’t think I’ve ever worked on a game where the community was as integral to development as it has been for Aftermath. Truly, every decision, change, and addition we made stemmed from our community feedback – if we could put them all in the credits we would! They had just as much a part in development as we have.”
Surviving the Aftermath Key Features:
- Build and Manage a Colony: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 130 buildings and survive a harsh world filled with danger. Stay prepared, a natural disaster or environmental catastrophe can doom an ill-equipped settlement.
- Recruit and Manage Specialists: Recruit over 80 unique specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources. Outfit your specialists with gear to defend the colony from attacking bandits and rampaging wildlife.
- Explore a Procedurally Generated World: Send your specialists outside your colony and into a procedurally generated world. Meet rival colony leaders and trade resources or compete for survival. Specialists can set up outposts and gather materials, giving your colony an edge.
- Make Tough Choices: Surviving the post-apocalypse means making impossible decisions. The colony’s fate depends on your judgement, every choice can impact your colony’s happiness and affect its future.
- Discover the Truth: Specialists will stumble upon mysteries while exploring the world. Uncover secrets surrounding the apocalypse and prepare your colony for survival if it should happen again.
Surviving the Aftermath debuted first in Early Access on the Epic Games Store and Xbox Game Preview during PDX CON October 2019 and on Steam last October. Throughout Early Access, Iceflake and Paradox have incorporated player feedback into 20 major content updates, introducing features that expand the World Map and Colony systems, enhance combat, and add endgame content that sheds light on the nexus of the apocalypse. To see all the content added to Surviving the Aftermath since during this time, check out the game’s roadmap.
For more information on Surviving the Aftermath, Paradox and Iceflake, visit www.survivingtheaftermath.com.