Published on April 13th, 2023 | by Andrew Bistak
Superhero Streamers is back – Australian streamers squad up to raise funds for vital cancer research
For the third year running, Cure Cancer’s Game On Cancer® initiative is assembling Superhero Streamers of all shapes and sizes to fundraise for life-saving cancer research.
From National Superhero Day on Friday 28th April through to Wednesday 31st May, creators of all kinds can sign up and help support some ‘real-life superheroes’ – the amazing Cure Cancer researchers that are working to find a cure for all different types of cancer.
This year, leading gaming peripheral brands HyperX and Elgato are supporting the campaign by sponsoring fundraising teams with matched donations. Team Elgato will be captained by Twitch Partner and Red Bull Player ‘IAmFallFromGrace’ and Twitch Partner and Qualified Fitness Professional ‘FitForPurpose’, and Team HyperX will be captained by regular Game On Cancer® fundraiser Camomo_10. Additionally, other fundraising teams will be captained by popular GTA streamer HeyImZed, long-time Game On Cancer® supporter, tech creator and game streamer Nicktacula, and goto.game’s own JackHuddo.
Streamers who are interested in joining Superhero Streamers and fundraising can get involved by following these simple steps:
- Sign up to fundraise on Tiltify between April 28th and May 31st
- Join a fundraising team or fly solo
- Go live and have fun while they fundraise amongst their community
Streamers will be eligible to unlock amazing prizes when they reach different fundraising milestones:
- Fundraise $250 Superhero Streamers Pack: pin, lanyard, can cooler
- Fundraise $500 Game On Cancer® Playmat
- Fundraise $750 Game On Cancer® Bottle
- Fundraise $1,000 $200 Kings of Neon™ Gift Card*
- Fundraise $2,000 Superhero Streamers 2023 Varsity Jacket
- Fundraise $3,000 Choice of 1 of 3 Elgato products: Stream Deck MK.2, Key Light or Facecam
- Fundraise $4,000 ErgoTune Supreme Chair
Additionally, every person who donates to Superhero Streamers by May 31st will be eligible to win 1 of 3 Ultimate Gamer Packs** valued at more than $3,000 each, which include:
- Elgato Stream Deck MK.2
- Elgato Key Light
- Elgato Facecam
- HyperX Cloud Stinger 2 headset
- OmniDesk standing desk + RGB lights and Nexus Mini Mousepad
- ErgoTune Supreme Chair
- Handmade 100% acrylic yarn tufted rug from TuftOFF
To date, Cure Cancer’s Game On Cancer® community, one of the leading charity initiatives in the Australian gaming industry, has raised over $750,000 AUD for vital cancer research. Previous Game On Cancer® fundraisers have included some of Australia’s largest names in gaming like Loserfruit, Aliythia, Bajo and AussieAntics.
Cure Cancer is dedicated entirely to funding early career researchers and to date has provided over 550 research grants to young scientists with ground-breaking innovative ideas, many who have gone on to become leaders in cancer research globally.
Game On Cancer® is supported by many ambassadors across the gaming industry including hilarious, gaming community channel, Back Pocket, Australia’s favourite cooking Twitch channel MissMollyMakes, and popular gaming personality and DLC podcast host Jeff Cannata.
Anyone can show their support by following Game On Cancer® on Twitter, joining the community on Discord, and most importantly donating to their favourite Superhero Streamer.