Published on December 9th, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Street Fighter 6 Release Date Announced As June 2 2023
Street Fighter™ 6 continues to deliver knockout punches, this time announcing at The Game Awards 2022 new details on the single-player immersive World Tour mode, four new characters, pre-order availability starting today, and the much-anticipated June 2, 2023 global release date.
First up is pre-order availability! All pre-orders will receive alternate colors for Chun-Li, Jamie, Manon, Dee Jay, Juri, and Ken’s Outfit 1, while PlayStation® 5 and PlayStation® 4 digital pre-orders will also receive exclusive items like 18 in-game Special Titles and 18 Stickers featuring unique art from the launch roster to personalize their profile. The three editions available for pre-order starting today are:
- Standard Edition (Physical/Digital) – Includes the base game of Fighting Ground, World Tour, Battle Hub, and the 18-character launch roster
- Deluxe Edition (Digital) – Includes the base game and the Year 1 Character Pass (containing four characters), colors 3-10 for each of those Year 1 characters’ Outfit 1, and a bonus of 4,200 Drive Tickets for in-game purchases, all discounted from separate full game and Year 1 Character Pass purchases
- Ultimate Edition (Digital) – Includes the base game and the Year 1 Ultimate Pass, which contains content from the Year 1 Character Pass, two additional costumes and their alternate colors for the four Year 1 characters, two more stages, and a bonus of 7,700 Drive Tickets
Next up, we shared new details on the all-new World Tour mode. Visit exciting locations like a beach in Jamaica, an arena in Italy, a festival in France, and more as you travel around the world learning Special Moves from Masters. You can even mix and match Special Moves from different Masters meaning that your avatar can throw out a Hadoken or Sonic Boom, perform a Spinning Bird Kick, and execute a Yoga Flame, all in the same match as long as they’re using different inputs. World Tour also introduces Master Assist, allowing players to fight alongside a Master like Ryu by calling upon them in battle to help for a period of time, a useful tool for when you encounter more than one opponent. Lastly, play your heart out with minigames like karate-chopping bottles, enjoying Italian cuisine, parrying basketballs, and more. Minigames are playable in between matches in the form of part-time jobs where you can earn World Tour mode currency to purchase in-game clothing, food, and more.
And now, we welcome to the Street Fighter 6 stage, one returning legend – Dee Jay – and three newcomers – Manon, Marisa, and JP.
- Dee Jay – First appearing in Super Street Fighter II, Dee Jay is a globally popular dance music superstar with a burning love for music and fighting. As a returning character in the series, Dee Jay retains his trademark moves that will get you in the rhythm such as Air Slasher, Double Rolling Sobat, Machine Gun Upper, and Jackknife Maximum, while adding new moves like Jus Cool and Weekend Pleasure to his arsenal. Visit Bathers Beach, Dee Jay’s stage in Street Fighter 6, to find a beachside party full of life amidst a setting sun.
- Manon – A supermodel and world champion judoka, Manon struts the catwalk of street fighting to become the world’s strongest model. Manon’s move set is a graceful union between judo grappling and classical ballet with moves like the Manège Doré, Renversé, Pas de Deux, and more. Find her in the Fete Foraine stage in France, a dazzling carnival amidst the French skyline.
- Marisa – Marisa is an up-and-coming jewelry designer from Italy who claims ancestry to ancient Greek warriors. A powerhouse of a character, Marisa utilizes her long limbs to unleash slow yet gargantuan strikes like the devastating Gladius, defensive counter Scutum, powerful Quadriga kick, and the almighty Goddess of the Hunt. Bask in the scent of victory in Colosseo, Marisa’s stage, with battle-ready warriors in the background cheering you on.
- JP – JP is the head of an international nonprofit organization responsible for many successful investment projects, and the man behind Nayshall’s present prosperity. He has a beloved cat named Cybele. JP takes control of the entire map from all angles with moves like the powerful void-creating Departure, the clone-deploying Torbalan, the Embrace grab, and the destructive Interdiction.
We also have a treat for Street Fighter™ V: Champion Edition players with the Street Fighter RVN6ACK Campaign! Create a CAPCOM ID and link your platform to receive Super Street Fighter® II Turbo in the Battle Hub when Street Fighter 6 launches.