Published on March 6th, 2018 | by admin
StarCraft’s 20th Anniversary is coming to a star system near you!
Help us celebrate a stellar anniversary as StarCraft officially turns 20 on 1 April 2018 AEDT/NZDT!
Throughout the month, we’ll be celebrating this epic milestone with our community. Revisit the saga that introduced the world to iconic characters like Jim Raynor, Sarah Kerrigan, and Zeratul, and helped set the stage for esports as we know them today.
- StarCraft Short Film: On 1 April AEDT/NZDT we’re debuting StarCraft is Life: A 20th Anniversary Celebration, which features StarCraft players from around the world sharing how the series has impacted their lives.
- StarCraft Anniversary Live Stream: Join us on 31 March and 1 April AEDT/NZDT for a live celebration of StarCraft’s 20th Anniversary, featuring Sean “Day9” Plott, Nick “Tasteless” Plott, Daniel “Artosis” Stemkoski, Geoff “iNControL” Robinson, and many others.
- Party Across Games. It may be StarCraft’s birthday, but all our universes are coming to the party. Leading up to StarCraft’s anniversary, we’re giving out all kinds of bonuses and goodies when you log into your favourite Blizzard games.
- StarCraft II: Log in to earn Remastered Terran, Zerg, and Protoss console skins, a 20 years of StarCraft portrait, a 20 Years of StarCraft achievement, and 20 Years of Terran, Zerg, and Protoss decals.
- StarCraft Remastered™: A new console skin awaits those who log in during the StarCraft 20th Anniversary.
- Heroes of the Storm™: Log in to earn Protoss, Zerg, and Terran portraits and test your mettle in StarCraft-themed Brawls. Also, be on the lookout for a new Hero from the StarCraft universe coming to the Nexus soon.
- Diablo III™: Call down the Hyperion to Tristram—in a manner of speaking—with the new Battlecruiser Pet.
- World of Warcraft™: Recognition for WoW players who /salute one of the following StarCraft-themed companion pets: Zergling, Grunty, Mini Thor, Baneling, or Zeradar.
- Overwatch™: One of the Dominion’s deadliest Ghosts meets Talon’s ruthless assassin with the new Kerrigan Widowmaker skin.
- Hearthstone®: Get ready for a StarCraft-inspired Tavern Brawl later this month.
For more information on how each Blizzard game will be celebrating StarCraft, when you can get your hands on these exclusive bonuses and goodies, and for news on all things StarCraft 20th Anniversary, head over to www.starcraft2.com/sc20
Since its debut, StarCraft has emerged as one of the world’s most acclaimed and influential real-time strategy series, with over 20 million units sold. The series also established itself as a fixture of global esports, with millions of players still watching top pros like Sasha “Scarlett” Hostyn—who won a Guinness World Record in 2016 for being the highest-earning woman playing video games competitively—compete in the StarCraft II World Championship Series (WCS).
- StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War — the game that started it all and its first expansion are available to download free at www.starcraft.com.
- StarCraft: Remastered — a thoughtful recreation of the original StarCraft and Brood War expansion, with gorgeous 4K Ultra HD graphics and full connectivity to Battle.net.
- StarCraft II is now free-to-play and features four thrilling single-player campaigns (Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void, and Nova: Covert Ops), ranked competitive play, and a Co-op mode with weekly challenges and regular content updates.