Published on December 15th, 2022 | by Andrew Bistak
Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Update 7.2 is Now Available to Explore!
BioWare and EA have launched the next major update for the beloved MMORPG Star Wars®: The Old Republic™ – Game Update 7.2, Showdown on Ruhnuk! This update introduces the all-new Star Wars planet, Ruhnuk, which includes new story content and Daily Area, new World Boss, a variety of player interface and experience improvements including colorblind mode, a PvP revamp with a brand-new 4v4 map, as well as some increases and changes to Gear Progression.
Check out the new Star Wars: The Old Republic – Showdown on Ruhnuk launch story teaser clip here.
We’ve included a snapshot of the details from Game Update 7.2 below for your reference, and assets for Showdown on Ruhnuk can be found on the EA Press Portal here.
- Story Overview: Mandalore the Avenger, born Shae Vizla, is in pursuit of the main base of operations of rogue Mandalorian Heta Kol which has led her to Ruhnuk, an inhospitable planet at the center of an electrical nebula.
- A New Planet: Ruhnuk is a brand new planet to Star Wars that no one has ever seen before, is dry and arid but features many river valleys that cut through its desert-like landscape.
- Daily Area: The new story arc will have players assisting Mandalore’s forces in the aftermath of the main story mission where they’ll learn more about what’s important to the Mandalorians under Shae Vizla’s command. Players will help track down one of Field Marshal Heta Kol’s ruthless followers as he conducts secret experiments.
Player Interface & Experience Improvements:
- A variety of player interface and experience improvements will be made in 7.2, including the ability to deconstruct and delete multiple items, the introduction of the new colorblind mode, a new pop-out map to streamline pathfinding, and a host of other UI and UX improvements.
PvP Revamp & New PvP Map:
- Revamped PvP boasts two queues, 4v4 and 8v8, which will allow for more balanced matches and quicker matchmaking, players will also now be able to join as 8 player groups and claim rewards from a new seasonal reward track. Players can also now enjoy the new 4v4 map, Onderon Palatial Ruins.
Gear Progression Updates:
- Players will now be able to obtain stronger gear with an increase to upgradeable item rating and an increase to the Power Floor reducing the time required for new players to catch up and participate in endgame activities.