Published on March 15th, 2016 | by Damien Straker
Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Digital Release Date Announced
Arriving Early on Digital HD April 1st, 2016
Bring it home on Blu-‐ray™ and DVD on April 13th, 2016
Including new in-‐depth bonus offering fans the chance to experience more
Star Wars: The Force Awakens shattered box office records upon its debut to become the cinematic event of a generation with over $93 million domestic and $2.8 billion worldwide. The epic movie will be available to own early on Digital HD on April 1, and coming home on Blu-‐ray and DVD on April 13.
Discover the complete story behind the making of Star Wars: The Force Awakens with in-‐depth documentary and special features that will take fans on an exciting journey behind the scenes. Secrets will be revealed through extensive footage, never-‐before-‐seen deleted scenes, and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers. Special features are available on Digital and Blu-‐ray and include*:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-‐depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
- Building BB-‐8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force.
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe in using the Force to help others.
- Plus Deleted Scenes
Star Wars: The Force Awakens saw the eagerly anticipated reteaming of original Star Wars stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill, along with Anthony Daniels, the only actor to have been in all seven Star Wars films, and Peter Mayhew. The returning cast was joined by newcomer Daisy Ridley, who beat out fierce competition to take the principal role of Rey; BAFTA Rising Star Award winner John Boyega (Attack the Block, Imperial Dreams) as reluctant stormtrooper Finn; Emmy® nominee Adam Driver (Lincoln, Girls) as the villainous Kylo Ren, and Golden Globe® winner Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis, The Bourne Legacy) as Resistance pilot Poe Dameron.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens was directed by J.J. Abrams and written by Lawrence Kasdan & J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt. Lucasfilm president and eight-‐time Academy Award® nominee Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams, along with his longtime producing partner Bryan Burk, are the film’s producers.
Having established a musical legacy with his iconic scores for the previous six films in the Star Wars Saga, acclaimed composer John Williams returned to score Star Wars: The Force Awakens, ultimately garnering his 50th Oscar® nomination for it.
FEATURE RUN TIME:
Blu-‐ray = Approximately 138 min.
DVD = Approximately 132 min.
Blu-‐ray Feature Film = 2.40:1
DVD Feature Film = 2.40:1
Blu-‐ray = English 7.1 DTS-‐HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD = English, Hindi and Romanian 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio Language Tracks
Blu-‐ray = English, French and Spanish DVD = English, Hindi and Romanian
Blu-‐ray = English, French & Spanish
DVD = Romanian, Croatian and Slovenian
ABOUT STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS:
Lucasfilm and visionary director J.J. Abrams join forces to take you back again to a galaxy far, far away as Star Wars returns to the big screen with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The film stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Max Von Sydow. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk are producing with Tommy Harper and Jason McGatlin serving as executive producers.
The screenplay is written by Lawrence Kasdan & J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt.