Published on February 15th, 2019 | by admin
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm – Out Now
Largest expansion ever for beloved strategy series includes an active world ecosystem filled with new environmental challenges, as well as the new World Congress
Sydney, Australia – February 15, 2019 – 2K and Firaxis Games have announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI: Gathering Storm, the second expansion pack for the critically acclaimed and award-winning Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI, is now available for Windows PC.
Civilization VI: Gathering Storm presents players with an active planet that generates new and dynamic challenges for the Civilization series, with new features and systems including Environmental Effects, new Engineering Projects and Consumable Resources for players to experience a living world full of danger and opportunity. The expansion, the largest ever created for the beloved strategy series, introduces the Diplomatic Victory and the World Congress – a new way to win the game in a forum where leaders vote on global policies. Technologies and Civics now extend into the near future, opening possibilities not yet seen by the existing world. In addition, there are eight new civilizations and nine new leaders, as well as many new units, buildings, improvements, wonders and more.
“Firaxis continues raising the bar with Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm in developing the largest and most feature-rich expansion to date for the franchise,” said Melissa Bell, SVP and Head of Global Marketing at 2K. “The development team exceeded our expectations by delivering a unique expansion with a living world of climate challenges for players to experience Civilization in ways never before possible.”
“In Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm, the world around the player is more alive than ever before,” said Ed Beach, Franchise Lead Designer at Firaxis Games. “We’re excited to offer new ways for fans to discover fresh experiences playing Civ, and this expansion epitomizes that sense of exploration. The choices players make will influence the world ecosystem and could impact the future of every civilization on the map.”
Key features for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm include:
- ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS: Volcanoes, storms (blizzards, sand storms, tornadoes and hurricanes), climate change, floods, droughts and geothermal fissures bring the world to life in a brand-new way;
- POWER AND CONSUMABLE RESOURCES: Strategic resources like coal and oil, as well as renewable energy sources like wind and geothermal energy, play an additional role and are now consumed in power plants to generate electricity for cities;
- ENGINEERING PROJECTS: Players can now shape the worlds around their empires to overcome unfavourable land conditions by adding improvements like canals, dams, tunnels and railroads;
- WORLD CONGRESS: For the first time in Civilization VI, players can make their voices heard among the other leaders of the world in their quests to achieve the new Diplomatic Victory;
- 21st CENTURY TECHNOLOGIES AND CIVICS: A New 9th Era is added to the Technology and Civics trees, introducing a new age of technology;
- NEW LEADERS AND CIVS: Nine new leaders from eight new civilizations bring unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of nine unique units, four unique buildings, three unique improvements, two unique districts and one unique governor;
- NEW SCENARIOS: Two new scenarios are included in the Gathering Storm The Black Death provides players with the challenge of leading their civs through The Great Plague that devastated Europe, while War Machine is a multiplayer experience pitting one player as Germany to execute a bold plan of invading France, while the French defender strives to repel the invasion;
- MORE NEW CONTENT: Gathering Storm includes seven new world wonders, seven natural wonders, 15 new improvements, nine new buildings, five new districts, two new city sets, nine new techs and 10 new civics;
- NEW UNITS: Gathering Storm introduces 18 new units, including the return of the near-unstoppable Giant Death Robot, as well as The Rock Band, a special kind of Atomic Era unit that generates huge boosts of Tourism;
- IMPROVED GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS: The Espionage system is enhanced with new options, while the Culture and Science Victories are updated, new Historic Moments are added and additional improvements were made to other existing systems.
Developed by Firaxis Games, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm is available for Windows PC and coming shortly thereafter for Mac and Linux from Aspyr Media. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up by the ESRB and is available now for Windows PC and Nintendo Switch™. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is also available for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Linux from Aspyr Media.
For more information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, visit www.civilization.com, become a fan on Facebook, subscribe on YouTube, follow Civilization on Twitter and Instagram and join the conversation using the hashtag #OneMoreTurn.